• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There is a lot of noise around Kevin Knox and Charlotte right now

AppHeel

33 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Thanks for the info! I really don't know much about him but I guess my fear would be the same one I have about Sexton. Do we really want to have a pair of 6'1 & 6'3 guys being our backcourt of the future? We would never be able to compete with a team like Philly with their size in the backcourt.

So whats your plan for Monk? He's not a PG nor will be.  Youd need to find one of those omce in a generational Point Forward like Lebron or Simmons.

Plenty of teams have that smaller backcourts

Washington- Wall 6'3, Beal 6'3

Jazz- Rubio 6'4, Mitchell 6'3

Portland- Lillard 6'3, Mccollum 6'3

Facing philly youd just have 6'9 knox or Bridges on Simmons

Holliday on Fultz

Meeks on Reddick

27 minutes ago, ncfan said:

So whats your plan for Monk? He's not a PG nor will be.  Youd need to find one of those omce in a generational Point Forward like Lebron or Simmons.

Plenty of teams have that smaller backcourts

Washington- Wall 6'3, Beal 6'3

Jazz- Rubio 6'4, Mitchell 6'3

Portland- Lillard 6'3, Mccollum 6'3

Facing philly youd just have 6'9 knox or Bridges on Simmons

Holliday on Fultz

Meeks on Reddick

I definitely see Monk more as a SG. I just like pairing him with a larger PG like a SGA. This way Monk could guard the smallest or the player with less firepower between PG & SG. 

The other thing is that we also have Batum as our point forward. We could always pair Monk with a SG like Mikal Bridges (with a Kemba trade) and between Monk and Batum have our PG like the way Golden State uses Curry. 

22 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Not being a dick, but they still have us picking Miles Bridges in this Draft. Which sucks, but, meh. Unless we get up into the Top 10, I do not think we get a guy that's going to be a stud. I hope I'm wrong though. 

Oh really? I never read the actual article. Don't have insider, but everyone hornets related on twitter quoting it saying Kevin Knox was the pick so idk. Either way I'd rather have Miles Bridges than Knox

Very smooth and his style looks effortless. He's got the Pep syndrome, in that he makes everything look easy so that people question his heart and effort. 

Now, I will say you can absolutely see the intensity in a guy like Miles Bridges where it does look like it's lacking with Knox but it looks to be his style. 

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Very smooth and his style looks effortless. He's got the Pep syndrome, in that he makes everything look easy so that people question his heart and effort. 

Now, I will say you can absolutely see the intensity in a guy like Miles Bridges where it does look like it's lacking with Knox but it looks to be his style. 

Bad news is his stock is rising.  I think the chances of Sexton being there at 11 are growing every day.

Bridges or Knox.. im sooo tired of not having a shooter/scorer at the SF position..

PG: Kemba - ???
SG: Monk - Lamb
SF: Batum - Bridges/Knox - Bacon
PF: Marvin - Frank
C: Dwight - Zeller - Willy

Then we need to package Frank, Zeller and Batum to get backups at PG and PF

On 6/11/2018 at 8:57 PM, yasuhara2241 said:

He reminds me of Paul Pierce a lil bit.

10 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Well he might actually drop to #11. Would we take that chance? 

Considering the fact that we'll likely suck ass next year regardless, I would take a shot on him. Do what Philly did and sit him all season so he can get healthy. Get the best deal you can for Kemba and draft a PG. Then all that's left is to pray for Zion Williamson next year. Imagine going into the 19-20 season with SGA, Monk, Zion and MPJ. 

Archived