• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, Bronn said:

1. GoT
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Leftovers
4. Shameless
5. Fargo
6. The Sinner
7. True Detective
8. Lost
9. The Walking Dead
10. Jericho
11. Freaks and Geeks

*disclaimer - I couldn't get into The Wire, and I never finished The Sopranos... I got bored with both

Jericho is an underrated show that would probably be a huge hit if it had come out a few years later.  

On 11/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, Bronn said:

First season is a little different than the last two. Stick it out and you'll be glad.

I didn’t get around to watching until last night and I’m only 2 episodes in but I absolutely love The Leftovers so far.

If you say it only gets better in S2 and S3, I think I am really going to like this show. 

Top tier 

• Breaking Bad
  • True Detective Season 1

Could've been top tier but fuged up tier

• Dexter
  • The Walking Dead
  • Lost
  • House of Cards

Good Entertaining TV that has issues but is very enjoyable tier

• Sopranos
  • Ozark
  • Game Of Thrones
  • NARCOS
  • Daredevil
  • Punisher
  • Better Call Saul

Could've been good tier but fuged up tier

• American Horror Story
  • Arrow
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Hannibal
  • True Detective Season 2
  • Stranger Things

Game of Thrones is still up in the air. I loved the first four seasons but the last 3 have been a bit cumbersome at times. It all really hinges on the finale. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, Bronn said:

First season is a little different than the last two. Stick it out and you'll be glad.

So I know this is a GOT thread but I am about to watch the last episode of the Leftovers and I’m gonna miss this show. I don’t think I could explain it to people but what a great  show. Thanks again for the recommendation. 

On 11/28/2018 at 9:18 PM, Johnny Rockets said:

So I know this is a GOT thread but I am about to watch the last episode of the Leftovers and I’m gonna miss this show. I don’t think I could explain it to people but what a great  show. Thanks again for the recommendation. 

Love to hear that you enjoyed it bro.  The show really is like no other.  I hope you enjoyed the finale, they really nailed the ending in a way few shows have.  Only other perfect finale I have ever seen was Six Feet Under.

True Detective Season one is the only perfect season of television I've ever seen 

Breaking Bad is the best overall show I've ever seen

The Wire is up there

Game of Thrones was in contention to be the absolute number one but last season was frankly average. They can redeem it all this year but I don't have my hopes up 

The Wire is the greatest series ever made and no one else comes close. True Detective Season 1 is the best season ever made. Game of Thrones is fun and the earlier seasons were phenomenal but it doesn't crack my top 5.

41 minutes ago, Dex said:

The Wire is the greatest series ever made and no one else comes close. True Detective Season 1 is the best season ever made. Game of Thrones is fun and the earlier seasons were phenomenal but it doesn't crack my top 5.

Fug the Wire

90E18D4C-5169-4439-92BC-51918D7B1559.jpeg.3445d0a7db5374c63cc00c46075377a4.jpeg

On 12/3/2018 at 12:00 AM, SOJA said:

True Detective Season one is the only perfect season of television I've ever seen 

Breaking Bad is the best overall show I've ever seen

The Wire is up there

Game of Thrones was in contention to be the absolute number one but last season was frankly average. They can redeem it all this year but I don't have my hopes up 

last season of GOT wasn't up to par.  But  the bar is crazy high.  Fans actually would be raving if another series pulled off a season like the ones that slightly disappointed folks. 

GOT still easily in my top 5 all time. 

but the trick is, endings are hard.  Endings almost always cause people to be disappointed in TV land. 

Archived