• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Dead 2 Thread?

thefuzz

23 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

BO4 out in a couple days. Gonna pick that up. Means I can stop playing the most overrated game of all time FortNite. 

Yeah I'm getting BO4 for PS4, it just looks really good, for Blackout alone, but then you get all the other stuff.     Wonder if people still cry about single player being gone after they play?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 4:21 PM, thefuzz said:

This is a true open world game.  From what I've heard, once you get through the first hour of so of learning about how the game works, you can explore as much or little as you want.

Tons of shopping, card games, restaurants, bars, hunting and fishing, side missions that aren't really missions, etc.  It's like GTA on steroids from what I've been able to gather.

the only problem with roaming off by yourself all the time, is it seems like the camps aren't static. if you abandon camp for days on end, you won't get to do some heists, side missions, etc. because those gang members won't converse with you anymore. it's definitely open world, but there are also consequences to going off by yourself constantly. at least that's what i can gather from the hordes of hands on impressions i've read, and podcasts i've listened to.  

1 hour ago, C47 said:

the only problem with roaming off by yourself all the time, is it seems like the camps aren't static. if you abandon camp for days on end, you won't get to do some heists, side missions, etc. because those gang members won't converse with you anymore. it's definitely open world, but there are also consequences to going off by yourself constantly. at least that's what i can gather from the hordes of hands on impressions i've read, and podcasts i've listened to.  

Hmmmm.  So it's going to be a real pick your poison thing?  If you stay in camp, you can't hunt as much and collect things to upgrade weapons, but if you leave camp to upgrade all the time, you will miss out on the fun?

Going to be a great game.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Hmmmm.  So it's going to be a real pick your poison thing?  If you stay in camp, you can't hunt as much and collect things to upgrade weapons, but if you leave camp to upgrade all the time, you will miss out on the fun?

replay value.

17 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Might be a better idea to just go and pick up the disk at Best Buy or whatever.

EDIT: I had almost forgotten that was an option. :)

Does it still download the entire game to the hard drive if you get the disk?  Seems it always takes a while to download before I can play them...even with the discs.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:41 AM, thefuzz said:

yea, i can't wait to dive in, and see how all the interactions with npc's impact my gameplay. 

Archived