• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UEFA Champions League

Shocker

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

And if you have great players in a great system, you can challenge the best team in the PL for the league title until Championship weekend, make two consecutive CL finals, and hopefully bring the cup home on June 1st this time.

Liverpool's D in 2017-18 *did* suck and they ended the season 3rd in the table.

They were 4th and their D allowed only 38 goals.  That’s not super terrible.  Usually Ds that allow 30+ goals are not 1 or 2 worthy.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/05/16/uefa-man-city-investigation-ban-champions-league

City might get banned from CL next year.  Apparently their owner has been cooking books and pumping in cash illegally (shocker?) to drive their transfer purchases.  Seems like there is a huge leak of emails, documents and etc.  City data got hacked and they caught the hacker.  City is not cooperating and will likely appeal if banned.  Good chance next year City will not make CL don’t matter if they make top 4 or not.

So Chelsea is getting banned from transfer market and city is getting banned from CL and possibly transfer market.  So much fraud in EPL...

23 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Why?  It happened before.  With Juve I believe.

I just to not believe it will happen.  I do not believe that they are going to ban what is probably the deepest, most talented team in the world.  I would not mind being wrong though.

Additionally, and I do not know how accurate this is, I heard an interview on a podcast where this question was asked and the responder said that MCI basically has so much money that they will challenge it in court with an army of lawyers and it would not be worth it to UEFA to bother.  Now that guy could be clueless and I make room for the possibility that it is easier to believe because it supported my stance, but it makes sense and has certainly been a factor in much more important things in the past.

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

The amount of corruption in the sport is sickening.  Still really pizzed about the Chelsea ban double standard.  That is fuggin bullshet

Sarri asked to leave Chelsea and looks like the move was granted....  Wonder who will accept Chelsea job with zero transfers allowed.

26 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Sarri asked to leave Chelsea and looks like the move was granted....  Wonder who will accept Chelsea job with zero transfers allowed.

Could be a nice opportunity for some up and come.  Elite team with the understanding that things will be tough at first, similar to Penn State when the probation was originally handed down.

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

It probably doesn’t matter, managers last less than a few years here anyway.  Don’t blame Sarri at all, man has a right to be happy.  Chelsea can just play the younger players and hope for development from them but top 4 next season seems like a real long shot.  

Frank Lampard?  Possibly IMO

Archived