• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Hurney

RumHam

18 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Honestly, its a meme at this point. Only bad thing he’s done so far was dumping Anderson. Hurney v.2 has been solid, but if parting with Rivera means parting with Hurney **deuces**

I would say signing Anderson in the first place was a bigger mistake.  The Coaches never really tried to use him, so why sign him in the first place?  Maybe they weren't sure about CMC, or maybe Anderson wasn't as good as they thought he would be, but it would have been nice to use that cap space in other spots.    Now he (and his replacement) take up 1.7 million in cap space this year, and he isn't on the team.  

Not that this is a killer, and in truth its a relatively small thing as long as CMC stays healthy.  But it is baffling.  

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I would say signing Anderson in the first place was a bigger mistake.  The Coaches never really tried to use him, so why sign him in the first place?  Maybe they weren't sure about CMC, or maybe Anderson wasn't as good as they thought he would be, but it would have been nice to use that cap space in other spots.    Now he (and his replacement) take up 1.7 million in cap space this year, and he isn't on the team.  

Not that this is a killer, and in truth its a relatively small thing as long as CMC stays healthy.  But it is baffling.  

Because CMC couldn't run between the tackles last season.

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Something to consider...

With the number of vets that are likely going to be heading out to pasture after this season and a fairly small number of players currently on contract, next offseason has the potential to be a major retooling of the franchise that could define the Panthers franchise for several years.

Do we really want Marty Hurney to be the architect for that?

I'm fine with his drafting

But his free agent signings...no. I can't remember a single one ever that made a significant impact.

2 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

I'm fine with his drafting

But his free agent signings...no. I can't remember a single one ever that made a significant impact.

Can't separate those things though.

The GM builds a roster of 53 players plus auxiliaries. You have to judge the full package.

Marty Hurney's rosters, especially further into his tenure, have just not been consistently good.

Rivera obviously isn't seeing eye to eye with Hurney. Hurney brought in CJ, Rivera never installed him on gameplans. Oh we won't use a backup RB? HOW ABOUT THE SECOND PLAY OF THE GAME THIS WEEK PAYNE GETS THE HANDOFF AND ALMOST FUMBLES. Rivers, despite his flaws, has proven he can win without Hurney. We have a weak secondary and an ancient front four. He fuged up the Breeland signing. We traded away a corner who's arguably better than Bradberry but you Bradberry homers won't hear it. Poe was the writing on the wall when I saw it. It was a splash, but here we are getting the same production even if he wasn't here and could have had someone worth a poo in the secondary. Now, the old defense can't tackle. It's pretty obvious this window is all but closed.

29 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Rivera obviously isn't seeing eye to eye with Hurney. Hurney brought in CJ, Rivera never installed him on gameplans. Oh we won't use a backup RB? HOW ABOUT THE SECOND PLAY OF THE GAME THIS WEEK PAYNE GETS THE HANDOFF AND ALMOST FUMBLES. Rivers, despite his flaws, has proven he can win without Hurney. We have a weak secondary and an ancient front four. He fuged up the Breeland signing. We traded away a corner who's arguably better than Bradberry but you Bradberry homers won't hear it. Poe was the writing on the wall when I saw it. It was a splash, but here we are getting the same production even if he wasn't here and could have had someone worth a poo in the secondary. Now, the old defense can't tackle. It's pretty obvious this window is all but closed.

If you're arguing with someone who claims that Worley is better than Bradberry, then you know that you're arguing with a moron.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are you really fine with where we are as a team right now?

I’m grateful and good with my life,.. so I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

no one is happy losing,.. not even Browns fans that probably feel like they’ve won the Super Bowl if they win at all,..

im totally fine firing Ron and getting a new coach,.. and actually feel that if anyone actually wants a Super Bowl before Cam is out of the league that’s what needs to happen.

40 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Hurney's done a pretty solid job in my opinion. Rivera deserves more of the blame. His faith in Washington is a mistake and his snap counts with various personnel is baffling. 

Am I the only one who's not impressed with what Hurney has brought to the table since coming back?

I'm cool with Jackson, and pretty cool with DJ, I'm just not real sure what else he has done for it to be considered a solid campaign so far?

Archived