• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should have tanked

OldNorthPowell

1 hour ago, Billy_T said:

We can agree on many of these issues. However, yes I do think the NBA is rigged. Heck, they do their lottery behind closed doors. That is shady. Also, the NBA has a bigger footprint than the NFL. In theory this should lead to bigger market areas. Globally and domestically. I do agree that MJ has not been a good owner so far, and the team does a poor job reaching new fans. Also, they have one of the worst TV deals in the NBA. It is hard for people to find them on TV.

12 minutes ago, Captain ass smacker said:

We have a mediocre team with a mediocre owner and mediocre front office. I have zero faith in the Hornets organization. Even if they tanked and somehow got the #1 lottery pick - they would screw that up as well. I really want to like this team - but there is no reason to. They are a #6 seed at best. What's the point? Best case scenario for this team is that they get bounced in the first round. It's a never ending cycle.

Na, they would pick Zion and would be smart for it. They need to go ahead and tank. Trade Kemba, and the rest of this team would be garbage. 

2 hours ago, Captain ass smacker said:

So - rebuild and wait another 3 to 5 years? I'm actually done with them until they make the second round of the playoffs. Which means I'll probably never watch them again...

Or we could have no top picks. Pick middle of first round for 3 to 5 years. Then rebuild 3 to 5 years on top of that. I say go ahead and start the rebuild. I was right in the offseason, sadly.

11 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Or we could have no top picks. Pick middle of first round for 3 to 5 years. Then rebuild 3 to 5 years on top of that. I say go ahead and start the rebuild. I was right in the offseason, sadly.

I was optimistic a new coach might make a difference and then Kemba came out of the gate playing all world and I thought we may have turned the corner a bit. Sadly that optimism was misplaced it appears. 

5 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

You and I have been on the same page on this for years. But, yet, the idiots on here seem to think just because we screwed up once, they would screw up again. Just LOL. 

13 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

You and I have been on the same page on this for years. But, yet, the idiots on here seem to think just because we screwed up once, they would screw up again. Just LOL. 

Your logic doesn’t make sense. So we tanked once and failed miserably, which means we obviously won’t fail miserably the second time, because reasons?

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Your logic doesn’t make sense. So we tanked once and failed miserably, which means we obviously won’t fail miserably the second time, because reasons?

Just because it happens once, doesn't mean it will happen again. Especially if we end up with a top 3-4 pick this year. You cannot go wrong with Zion, Barrett, Reddish, or Nas Little, Bol Bol, or maybe even Romeo Langford. That's the point. The majority of those guys are can't miss. 

3 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Just because it happens once, doesn't mean it will happen again. Especially if we end up with a top 3-4 pick this year. You cannot go wrong with Zion, Barrett, Reddish, or Nas Little, Bol Bol, or maybe even Romeo Langford. That's the point. The majority of those guys are can't miss. 

I know, but it doesn’t mean it’ll work out because it didn’t work out the first time 

11 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

No such thing as can’t miss

On 12/6/2018 at 4:58 PM, OldNorthPowell said:

Ask Philly about that or maybe Cleveland or OKC. It tends to pan out quite a bit. Picking at 10 to 12 every year is not improving the team. Results speak for themselves. Rich Cho is no longer around, give Mitch a chance. He hit a homerun with Bridges. The league will not change any time soon. They are okay with super teams. 

Not sure I would throw Cleveland in there.  They have been tanking since 2007 or so.  And while they look improved this year, they are still below 500.  And when is the last time the Aints had a top 10 pick?  2007 with Sedrick Ellis.

Archived