• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What team would you become a fan of if the Panthers don't do what you think they should do?

Jangler

That’s not how it works.  It’s not like dating, where you break up then start looking for a new fling.

If they don’t show some improvement, apathy sets in and then slowly, football fades from the things you choose to do with your time.

In essence, the connection with the team just withers and dies.

7 minutes ago, Jangler said:

yeah, it's a Jangler thread and yet you clicked.

Yes to let you know that your topic is garbage. “What team would you become a fan of if the panthers don’t do what you think they should do?” That’s trash. If anyone pulls for another team because the panthers make decisions that they do not like then they shouldn’t be a fan at all. That’s a bandwagon fan. No one woukd have pulled for the panthers during our Super Bowl year if this were the case because every couch gm thought we would win two games after Benjamin went down during training camp.

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

That’s not how it works.  It’s not like dating, where you break up then start looking for a new fling.

If they don’t show some improvement, apathy sets in and then slowly, football fades from the things you choose to do with your time.

Fantasy Football is the wind. Jersey sales too.

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Yes to let you know that your thred is garbage. “What team would you become a fan of if the panthers don’t do what you think they should do?” That’s trash. If anyone pulls for another team because the panthers make decisions that they do not like then they shouldn’t be a fan at all. That’s a bandwagon fan. No one woukd have pulled for the panthers during our Super Bowl year if this were the case because every couch gm thought we would win two games after Benjamin went down during training camp.

okay, now keep thinking.

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Correct.

When the Panthers came into existence, I can have a favorite football team. I just enjoyed watching the game.

I don't necessarily need the Panthers to "do what I want them to", but if they stayed mediocre yet just kept trotting the same losers out there, it'd be pretty difficult to cheer for that.

I could see myself going back to having no team if that were the case.

7 minutes ago, MikeD83 said:

None. As long as the Panthers are the team of the Carolinas, they are my team. The amount of time, money, and attention I devote to the team may change depending on the current state of the team, but I could never cheer for another one. 

This, good or bad

17 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Only way I'd stop watching the Panthers is if they moved from the carolinas. And if that happens, I'd stop watching football altogether 

Yup. I only began watching NFL because the Carolinas have a team. If they left this area i would just save money and wait for the winter/summer olympics

5 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Yup. I only began watching NFL because the Carolinas have a team. If they left this area i would just save money and wait for the winter/summer olympics

Dude the Olympics are a joke. Besides the World Cup and Nascar it’s the worst sporting event on earth. 

Archived