• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Avengers: Endgame discussion with spoilers

Squirrel

I'm torn about it myself. Personally, I would rather see Cap America sacrifice himself and have Stark live happily ever after. I was expecting a bit more,  but I can't put my finger on it. Thought we'd see more Captain Marvel.

I don't have much of a connection with Black Widow at all. Her death was sad, but then what comes of her movie?

And where the hell is Loki?

32 minutes ago, tarheelpride said:

I'm torn about it myself. Personally, I would rather see Cap America sacrifice himself and have Stark live happily ever after. I was expecting a bit more,  but I can't put my finger on it. Thought we'd see more Captain Marvel.

I don't have much of a connection with Black Widow at all. Her death was sad, but then what comes of her movie?

And where the hell is Loki?

I think Loki for real died in IW.

I saw someone say how the arcs of Stark and Cap made perfect sense. Basically in the end Stark taught Cap how to live life for himself, and Cap taught Stark how to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Ok this theory explaining Steve Rogers’ ending is mind blowing.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-endgame-captain-america-ending-isnt-what-it-seems-1205370

Basically lays out that the man Peggy was married to all along was Steve Rogers and makes a pretty convincing argument. I can’t wait to more from the filmmakers about how these types of things played out. If this is true and planned from the beginning it really is an incredible piece of storytelling. Even if it wasn’t planned that way from the get-go it’s still impressive how it was incorporated, if this theory is even true to begin with.

I will say it could have been alot worse which thankfully it wasnt.  There are a few things I like and the setups for future  movies is interesting. 

First one being GOTG3 

That looks like it is going to be a fun movie with the interaction between Thor and the members of The Gotg.

New Captain American seems like a place holder to me for know.  Think it will be shelved for 10 years and then brought back.

Loki resurrection I liked it was clean and simple. read it basically for disney+

The one I'm most interested in is Professor Hulk. Not being a comic book follower I dont know if this happened there but would be awesome for the moviverse.

I can see that being Professor Hulk being a crossover with Xmen. 

The old avengers are done time to do some individual MCU movies and in 10 to 15 years bring in the next generation for Avengers 2.0

Speaking of 2.0 Iron man 2.0 seems interesting to with Morgan Stark. But that seems again like 10 to 15 years from now. If it could happen sooner I would be curious in how ?

Looking at it as a pure comic movie, it was about as perfect as you can get.

Every major plot point across all of the film's got tied up nicely.

Several lesser known groups got a nod in the film like A-Force & Asgardians of the Galaxy.

I'm calling it now that like in the comics, someone is going back in time to bring a young Tony Stark into the future. (Possibly Steve Rogers & BW too)

The sheer number of hell yeah moments.

Hopefully they can keep it going in phase four.

5 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Yeah, like above, Thanos is a beast.     Even without the stones he could have taken Captain Marvel, especially if he wasn't solo fighting off like 20 other people.

I

I don’t know how the comics work but in movie land Captain Marvel seems almost like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl.  Captain Marvel just wrecks shop.  Took a stone for Thanos to knock her off and that was literally the only resistance she faced the entire movie.  Probably why they limited her. 

I think movie land has overpowered her.  But I think they even commented she was intended  to be most powerful and non-fatty Thor was runner up. 

So much of this movie was about trying too hard.  The time travel was all kinds of wrong once they altered past timelines.... I get the whole back to the starting swap points, but it would contradict their existing present once things changed in their current past timelines.  Just... ugh.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure remains one of the better ones out there to properly do those kinds of stories

I was bothered by a lot of these as I was watching:

https://www.thisisinsider.com/avengers-endgame-unanswered-questions-2019-4

I have to say that I loved the movie. It was a great send off IMO. I wonder how many people in the theater I was at knew that driver was Stan lee. Love it every time I see him in a movie. I loved how the trailers didn’t give anything away. I was literally shocked when I seen the movie was totally different than I first thought. I loved it. Someone was trying to state that Dr Strange was not at Stark’s funeral but I could have swore I seen him there. Did any one get the “ to your left” comment? That was amazing how they tied everything into this movie even if it was subtle. People start cheering with the snapped victims started to appear. Great send off !

I wasnt really shocked that anything that happened, I knew they were going back in time and that Cap and Stark had to die but that didnt make it any less epic. when all the characters came through that portal. it was like my fuging child imagination being shown on screen it was one of the greatest things i have ever seen. I still have questions though. so cap is just going to go back in time and knowing Bucky is captured and do nothing? is Loki still alive? how did Cap put the soul stone back? how the hell did Valkyrie get a flying horse? 

I felt a lot like this movie the way I did with GoT last  night... it was great, it was epic, but... something was missing.

The first hour got boring for me, just being honest, several times I wanted it to just move along...

The final battle and all of that was epic, all the characters, lots of fan service, the gimmicky but understandable 'Women of Marvel' moment...

Capt Marvel was a let down, didn't feel like she did much at all, seemed to me that they had built her up a lot more than they let her show.

My biggest gripe is Thor stealing Mjolnir from 2014...  I mean, wtf is 2014 Thor going to do and they didn't even take it back. I get it, they needed it for the big Capt America moment (which was awsome), but it felt like a cheap plot hole.

My 2nd biggest gripe is fat Thor.  It just kind of felt like a running joke that wasn't very funny after the initial laugh.

My fav part was probably Cap with Mjolnir.

2 hours ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I felt a lot like this movie the way I did with GoT last  night... it was great, it was epic, but... something was missing.

The first hour got boring for me, just being honest, several times I wanted it to just move along...

The final battle and all of that was epic, all the characters, lots of fan service, the gimmicky but understandable 'Women of Marvel' moment...

Capt Marvel was a let down, didn't feel like she did much at all, seemed to me that they had built her up a lot more than they let her show.

My biggest gripe is Thor stealing Mjolnir from 2014...  I mean, wtf is 2014 Thor going to do and they didn't even take it back. I get it, they needed it for the big Capt America moment (which was awsome), but it felt like a cheap plot hole.

My 2nd biggest gripe is fat Thor.  It just kind of felt like a running joke that wasn't very funny after the initial laugh.

My fav part was probably Cap with Mjolnir.

Cap using the hammer was the biggest nergasm I’ve ever had. I almost yelled in a room full of adults. Another new thing to think about: in Age of Ultron when cap made the hammer move a little, I think he didn’t want to pick it up on purpose to upset Thor. He’s that good of a guy. Think about it, if he can move it, he’s worthy, he could have picked it up if he wanted. I think that’s why Thor said “I knew it” when cap grabbed. It was like he sort of thought all along cap was playing coy. 

Archived