• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Avengers: Endgame discussion with spoilers

Squirrel

On 4/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, CarolinaNCSU said:

Honestly the biggest thing to me, was just the fact that they stuck the landing.  All the hype, and they still put out (to me) one of the best Marvel movies ever? All of the feels, teared up during it, and it was a nice bow on a decade of movies. 

Yeah, there were some telegraphed things.  But the comics already essentially telegraph everything.  Not to mention, these are still comic book movies, not Best Picture nominees (most of the time). Fan service is going to happen, and I mean if we're seriously going to complain about 15 seconds of all the female characters teaming up?  fug outta here.  You might not get it, but guarantee my little niece is going to watch that part and get chills. 

Direction they go from here will be interesting.  Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, etc. will all be enough to carry another huge movie, but do Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, etc. get pushed out/into the background?  Which new characters are coming?  If not the X-Men, I assume Fantastic Four might be nice to intro and help their image. Can't imagine Deadpool comes in.  So do they go more for the space/celestial movies, or pivot and find new Earth characters? 

I will say joining the universes is going to be complicated.  So I think that they may keep them separate for a while longer before they do a HUGE reboot.  There is just a different style/tone/look  to the Fox films to the Marvel films.  Think about a Wolverine reboot, how interesting would that be compared to his whole arc in the Fox films?  

Next, I think they are going to go out.  With Guardians, we have been going further and faster (I know Captain Marvel reference).  I think that will continue.  After the film, I heard Asguardians of the Galaxy coming out.  If Thor wanted to continue, this might be a cool place for him with some cool stories about Thor coming to terms with himself.  It might also open the door for Jane as Thor too.

I loved the fan service in the film, but I know that it's going to rub some people who want serious super hero movies.  This was the last film to do a bunch of cool crap with this group of heroes.  I'm glad they got to have some fun.

Just saw it and thought it was great.

I kind of wanted Tony to live though and have a happy ending. Everyone was expecting his death so why not subvert expectations again and let him live?

My only gripe is that I really wanted Hulk to participate in the final battle and give Thanos a grand ass whooping. Thanos being erased by the snap wasn’t enough for me. His punishment should have been more severe. Lol

Also I was left wondering what Cap did with Thor’s hammer when he went back. Did he keep it or give it back to Thor?

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:44 PM, twylyght said:

So much of this movie was about trying too hard.  The time travel was all kinds of wrong once they altered past timelines.... I get the whole back to the starting swap points, but it would contradict their existing present once things changed in their current past timelines.  Just... ugh.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure remains one of the better ones out there to properly do those kinds of stories

I was bothered by a lot of these as I was watching:

https://www.thisisinsider.com/avengers-endgame-unanswered-questions-2019-4

Are you seriously complaining about time travel in the Super Hero Movie of all Super Hero movies? You're upset that time travel didn't make sense in a world with the god of thunder?

so i been thinking about this whole time line thing, they had to have created a new time line because how else could they kill Nebula and Thanos from the past? how can Thanos from the past die in the future because then you would have no reason to kill him in the future. the only way this works is if Thanos was snapped in to the past before he left. my head hurts

15 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Just saw it and thought it was great.

I kind of wanted Tony to live though and have a happy ending. Everyone was expecting his death so why not subvert expectations again and let him live?

My only gripe is that I really wanted Hulk to participate in the final battle and give Thanos a grand ass whooping. Thanos being erased by the snap wasn’t enough for me. His punishment should have been more severe. Lol

Also I was left wondering what Cap did with Thor’s hammer when he went back. Did he keep it or give it back to Thor?

He took it back to 2014 Asgard to keep continuity of the timeline.  Thor needs his hammer destroyed by Hella to becomes the King he will be.  Keep in mind, I'm only referencing timeline because the bald Sorcerer Supreme told Banner-Hulk how important it was.

Thor's character has gone through some major arcs from Cocky Arrogant Warrior to Humbled King of Azgard to Revenge bent Thor to endgame where he was depressed. I actually loved his role, and think that in the future Thor can just be himself he doesn't have to be this great savior

15 hours ago, countryboi said:

so i been thinking about this whole time line thing, they had to have created a new time line because how else could they kill Nebula and Thanos from the past? how can Thanos from the past die in the future because then you would have no reason to kill him in the future. the only way this works is if Thanos was snapped in to the past before he left. my head hurts

There are some major plot holes with them screwing up that alternate timeline, I think the best way to watch this movie is put your hands in your ears and just say "not listening!" whenever your brain tells you something seems off 

14 minutes ago, SOJA said:

There are some major plot holes with them screwing up that alternate timeline, I think the best way to watch this movie is put your hands in your ears and just say "not listening!" whenever your brain tells you something seems off 

less plot holes if you tell Doc Brown to go fug himself

which frankly I agree w/ them doing it. 

Honesty, to me, it's a super hero movie so I largely turn my brain off. Not completely mind you. He really didn't kill Superman bc both their mothers names are Martha? Seriously? Yeah my brain poked me in the theater with that one. But time travel holes? Meh. I just said ok and moved on and enjoyed the ride.

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

The MCU probably wanted to create the multiverse concept for someone like Kang and also now they have X-Men and FF4 and all that they are thinking of the future.

Yeah, seem like alot of the movie was setting up future shows. 

I hated what they did to the Hulk in both movies

and spider man has easily become the most annoying character ever 

the forced #metoo moment was so corny 

Time travel just seemed like lazy story telling to me

the best part of the movie was Thor and his fat guy suit

On 4/29/2019 at 10:43 PM, countryboi said:

I'm confused. They killed Nebula and Thanos because they were threats at that time. Period. Any alternate lines they created during the movie (and there were many) all were corrected at the end when Cap returned every stone to it's correct time and position. We just didn't get to see him do it. But yeah ... why kill Thanos? Because he and his army were trying to smash your face.

Archived