• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Witcher

Harbingers

Binged the entire season, thought it started off a bit shaky, can't pinpoint why, but it did get rolling very nicely after a couple episodes and it ended at a great spot for s1.  Definitely looking forward to another season of this.  Also, Henry Cavill did a great job as Geralt.

9 hours ago, Cdw said:

Binged the entire season, thought it started off a bit shaky, can't pinpoint why, but it did get rolling very nicely after a couple episodes and it ended at a great spot for s1.  Definitely looking forward to another season of this.  Also, Henry Cavill did a great job as Geralt.

The pacing of episode 2 and the fact they are flipping between 3 different times in history and 1 in the present. Honestly if someone didn’t know the books or backstory I would feel sorry for them with the cutting and the pacing. 

On 7/23/2019 at 10:28 AM, Bronn said:

It looks good to me, but I've never played one of the games or read much about any of it, nor read the actual books.

Still, GoT will probably continue its reign as the greatest show of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Watch it with that with Dex on here.  lol

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

The pacing of episode 2 and the fact they are flipping between 3 different times in history and 1 in the present. Honestly if someone didn’t know the books or backstory I would feel sorry for them with the cutting and the pacing. 

All i have to go off are the Games, am I going to be lost?  

My wife who knows nothing about it will probably want to punch out then eh? 

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Yeah, that was it, they were skipping around with the timeline and the different characters way too much the first 2 episodes, it evened out more after that I think.   And yes, Dandelion was great

Just now, PurityControl said:

It’s all books. Watch the whole thing and it’ll make sense, the games touched on it all if you read the lore.

Just be mindful there’s 3-4 different story lines from different times going concurrent throughout the entire thing and they don’t explain it all/match up until the end. 

6 minutes ago, PurityControl said:

You'll both be fine - as game only, don't expect game Triss and also Mousesack = Ermion

10 minutes ago, Cdw said:

You'll both be fine - as game only, don't expect game Triss and also Mousesack = Ermion

Ya, just remember the Ciri timeline is the present.

Everything else happens at varying times in the past, as far as 50-100 years considering scenes of Yenns childhood. And even further back in a couple Geralt moments. 

14 minutes ago, Cdw said:

Honestly, out of all the changing they did of characters, I liked Triss the best. She’s not game triss but she looks like triss was suppose to. If they stay true she’s going to disappear for a while but when she comes back... ooooo boy

10 minutes ago, Kinographer said:

I'm also confused with where they're going with the plot. They're adapting stories from the first book but they've also already mentioned The Wild Hunt and Ciri looks old enough to play the older version of the character in the video game. I really hope they don't stick to just the main story because some of the sidequests and short stories are the best stuff in the universe. It'll be a shame if we never get a live action version of Hearts of Stone because that's the best story in the entire witcher universe.

Looks to me like they're pretty much going to follow the books fairly strictly, just adding some things in a little earlier.  Ciri may look a tad older than she was in the books at this time, but not enough that its anything to be bothered about, still looks like a scared kid to me.  Would be problematic having a younger actress since she needs to age up within a couple seasons, you don't want actress changes.   Don't know how far in you are but this season had a few of the different contracts Geralt went on and I agree an episodic series where Geralt roams around taking on random contracts could be fun, maybe they will continue to sprinkle in some random 'sidequest' type stuff in. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up about this extending into the video game stories though, I don't believe thats gonna happen.  Speaking of the games though, I'm in the mood to start a new playthrough - I bought games for PC when they were on sale not long ago.  I've only played 2 and 3, now I may start with 1 and go all the way through.

23 minutes ago, Kinographer said:

I'm also confused with where they're going with the plot. They're adapting stories from the first book but they've also already mentioned The Wild Hunt and Ciri looks old enough to play the older version of the character in the video game. I really hope they don't stick to just the main story because some of the sidequests and short stories are the best stuff in the universe. It'll be a shame if we never get a live action version of Hearts of Stone because that's the best story in the entire witcher universe.

You have to remember the Wild Hunt is where the books and game diverge. 

Ciri is about 20(she should be about 12 in the show) in the books when the Wild Hunt begins. 

In the game version she would be 30+ when the Wild Hunt begins. 

In the show Geralt already mentioned the Salamandra attack making it impossible to make more Witcher. He doesn’t name the Salamandra though, so we’ll see who did it. 

Archived