• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Witcher

Harbingers

22 hours ago, Cdw said:

I always thought the guy that played Charles Vane in Black Sails would have made the perfect Geralt, but from what I saw in the Trailer Cavill looks alright.

He's also a huge fan of the games and lore.

• 3 months later...

Still cautiously excited for this. They have a TON of stuff and directions they could go with this. I almost wish this first season just focused on Geralt and his witcher exploits rather than diving into Ciri's story but again they could always release a season of stand alone short stories later if this does well

On 7/20/2019 at 9:19 AM, Dex said:

I CAN'T fuging WAIT! SAW THE TRAILER LAST NIGHT AND NUTTED!

The Expanse is my favorite show right now btw.

Looking for a 4k series to watch on Prime...is Expanse really good?  People I know saying they couldn’t get through season 1.

Btw...I couldnt get into Battlestar Gallacta or Firefly at all.

34 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Looking for a 4k series to watch on Prime...is Expanse really good?  People I know saying they couldn’t get through season 1.

Btw...I couldnt get into Battlestar Gallacta or Firefly at all.

VERY GOOD. I couldn't get into either myself. Firefly was good at times but Galactica was a bore. The Expanse gets better as it goes on so give it a few episodes. The world building is insane. You really get lost in the show. It also looks gorgeous in 4K.

Unrelated. If you like cop shows I recommend Bosch on Amazon. It has 5 seasons and it's in 4K. It's like an LA Noire version of The Wire with long investigations and character development. 

2 hours ago, Dex said:

VERY GOOD. I couldn't get into either myself. Firefly was good at times but Galactica was a bore. The Expanse gets better as it goes on so give it a few episodes. The world building is insane. You really get lost in the show. It also looks gorgeous in 4K.

Unrelated. If you like cop shows I recommend Bosch on Amazon. It has 5 seasons and it's in 4K. It's like an LA Noire version of The Wire with long investigations and character development. 

Thanks man

On 11/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, countryboi said:

I think they are clearly going for a GoT but not trash vibe. 

I seriously hope not. GOT trashed HBO. I really hope they get their poo together soon and forget about the steaming pile of crap. GOT’s author basically just stole everything he wrote for The Witcher books anywho. 

I have very few gripes of what I’ve seen so far. Mostly the actor playing the Witcher because even though Witcher’s are way younger than they look the actor should have been in his late 40’s. Joel Kinnaman would have been a better choice. But I really wish they would have gone with an older actor. 

The fact they didn’t push Roach and the two swords in the trailers. Even though the renew tweet showed both swords so that kinda fixes that. 

For those that haven’t read the books or played the games. I highly recommend watching this to fully understand what a Witcher is. 

On 11/16/2019 at 11:14 AM, Harbingers said:

GOT’s author basically just stole everything he wrote for The Witcher books anywho.

Having read ASoIaF and now being close to through with the Witcher books (halfway through Tower of Swallows), I'm curious as to what makes you say this, I just don't see it.  Both are great series though very different other than being fantasy with political intrigue.

• 1 month later...

The only thing I really wish is that they would have dated what’s going on because there’s different events happening that are not even close to the same time and they like flipping between them. 

E2: The Yennefer story is really killing the pacing. It’s horribly done in my opinion(until the end). It really should have been an episode or chunk to itself. Dandelion got his spotlight though and it was epic. 

Archived