• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shefter - Brees out 6 weeks

trueblade

Just now, TNPanther said:

NFCS looking to be a pile of poo this year. No excuse for Ron and co.

Excuses are already baked into the cake.

1st NFC loss was because of a couple of untimely turnovers, and a few bad bounces.

2nd NFC (and S) loss was just a fluke game where Cam was rusty, and we lost on the last play of the game because of execution.

This coaching staff ALWAYS has reasons (other than them) as to why we lose.

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

@SEA, DAL, TBB, @JAX, @CHI, ARI

2 - 4 over that stretch?

Teddy looked TERRIBLE Week 17 last season and looked TERRIBLE yesterday. They're in the same boat as us now where, as long as they keep getting putrid QB play from their guy, they can't pencil any game in as a win.

6 weeks feels optimistic too, the guy is 40 years old after all.

21 minutes ago, Green_Tea said:

Wonder what their record will be by the time be returns

Looking at the schedule, I'm thinking 4-4 barring other injuries.  I think losses to Seattle, Dallas, and chicago with wins against tampa, jacksonville, and Arizona.  That said, I feel more comfortable with the games that I think they'll lose than the games I think they will win, so I think 4-4 is the most optimistic and probable, but 3-5 or 2-6 are also very possible.

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Excuses are already baked into the cake.

1st NFC loss was because of a couple of untimely turnovers, and a few bad bounces.

2nd NFC (and S) loss was just a fluke game where Cam was rusty, and we lost on the last play of the game because of execution.

This coaching staff ALWAYS has reasons (other than them) as to why we lose.

There was that one time Rivera did say "maybe it's on us" :thinking:

17 minutes ago, trueblade said:

@SEA, DAL, TBB, @JAX, @CHI, ARI

2 - 4 over that stretch?

At best... maybe 1-5 even. Can’t see them winning on the road against SEA, JAX OR CHI. DAL is a very likely loss as well. Tampa who knows and Arizona is better than their record but they’ll probably win at least one of those. 

Archived