• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019-2020 Hurricanes Regular Season Thread

KillerKat

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Let’s start by sending a message tonight against the overrated Oilers. Necas back should be significant and I like Gauthier being called back up for some more physicality on the bottom line. And if Aho, TT, and Svech keep playing the way they have lately we’re in good shape. Would be nice to have Haula but let him get right so we can have him down the stretch.

Aho and Svech are coming into there own, Necas being back is huge... We need some second line scoring.

That 3rd period.... get into a jam with a 5-on-3 PP and manage to kill most of it, but a nail-biter.

I think Kassian is going to get a look by the league for the roughing call he took on Reimer and the shot he gave Dzingel (I think it was). And what was up with all the smack at the Hurricane bench? What's his beef?

There were some pretty goals last night, but that Hamilton howitzer from the red line....

15 hours ago, Kinographer said:

This team is in desperate need of Justin Williams or someone other than Staal to be captain

3 points in 2 games.

Last night was a tough loss after keeping it scoreless for 3 periods. Had several good chances but 40+ shots on goal and coming away with nothing stings a little. I believe this team can go with anyone 3-on-3 in OT and last night was no different. The Fogele stick on the ice was a fluke and when the puck hit it and 2 Carolina defenders had to basically sidestep it, left the guy open for an easy backhand.

Tomorrow is a 3:30 game against a red hot Calgary team. 7-0 since their coaching change. We'll probably see Reimer in net tomorrow. No worries- he's 4-1 on the road this season. But Calgary scored 3 times in the 3rd period last night for a comeback win against Toronto.  

51 minutes ago, Kinographer said:

Being a decent player doesn't mean he's a good leader.  Several guys are under performing this year and that's why you need strong leadership.

Was talking about the team getting 3 points in 2 games. Someone had mentioned earlier they'd like to see the Canes come back from this road trip with 6 points.

But, since you mentioned Staal, I agree. Mentioned in an earlier post that he's playing like he's a very old 30. He's still good in the faceoff circle, but he's been caught so far out of position more than once this year and I'm not all that enamored with his play. I think he's a captain because of his tenure, not a lot else. 

Haula, van Riemsdyk or Dougie would be my choices

Was a good first 3 games of the road trip. I'll take 5 points in three games over a couple very good teams.

Edmonton was tough and a good win Tuesday. The Thursday game against Vancouver should have ended with a 1-0 win and 2 points, but the refs missed the call and I'm not going to complain about NHL officiating. Horrible officiating is the norm in the NFL and NBA, and hockey refs are far better than both. 

The Saturday win against a red hot Calgary team was much more than I expected. Carolina had 3 games in 5 days and I thought they'd be pretty tired, especially since it was an early game.

And, yes, this team has 2 legitimate goalies.

Archived