• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019-2020 Hurricanes Regular Season Thread

KillerKat

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, it may change our season and not for the better, unfortunately. Rod said in the press conference that Pesce was going to out for "....a long time." That is not good.

Looked like a dislocated shoulder to me... Worst case on that I believe is like 6 weeks. If we somehow make the playoffs still, could have Dougie and Pesce back for playoffs.

18 minutes ago, t96 said:

As long as it doesn’t involve trading Bean (bring him up to fill in for Pesce) or our first round picks. Second rounder(s) and lesser prospect(s), fine.

It is being reported that we have contacted Chicago about both their goaltenders. I am much more concerned about Reimer than Mrazek. Mrazek just got his bell rung, Reimer could have suffered a knee or groin injury. 

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

Looked like a dislocated shoulder to me... Worst case on that I believe is like 6 weeks. If we somehow make the playoffs still, could have Dougie and Pesce back for playoffs.

Yeah, that is bad news. Pesce is an extremely valuable guy. I am not sure we can easily replace him.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that is bad news. Pesce is an extremely valuable guy. I am not sure we can easily replace him.

Losing Pesce and Dougie is just insanely bad luck, but who knows, this team has done some crazy stuff these past 2 years. Fleury dominated the 2nd and 3rd periods last night with bigger minutes. If he keeps that up we may be okay without adding a D other than bringing Bean up. Just gotta keep fighting like our lives depend on it, which they do with how close the metro is... Amazingly, we’re just 6 points back of first in the Metro, with the Pens having 1 game in hand but we play them 4 times still....

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

Losing Pesce and Dougie is just insanely bad luck, but who knows, this team has done some crazy stuff these past 2 years. Fleury dominated the 2nd and 3rd periods last night with bigger minutes. If he keeps that up we may be okay without adding a D other than bringing Bean up. Just gotta keep fighting like our lives depend on it, which they do with how close the metro is... Amazingly, we’re just 6 points back of first in the Metro, with the Pens having 1 game in hand but we play them 4 times still....

I mean this is why we have stacked depth. That Keane trade is looking pretty smart right now too.

Archived