• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HBO's Watchmen

Dex

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I've found that if the first episode of a show doesn't interest me, it only gets worse from there.

There's been some epic shows that had boring/bad pilots.     The Wire, The Office, Star Trek TNG, Seinfeld, etc.   

That being said, Watchman is not going to be for everyone.    I absolutely love The Leftovers and think it's almost a top 5 show ever but that was definitely not for everyone and I understand why.     So since it's the same guys making this I get it.    All I can say is, with these guys it's usually worth the wait for the story to get fleshed out.   

49 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

There's been some epic shows that had boring/bad pilots.     The Wire, The Office, Star Trek TNG, Seinfeld, etc.   

That being said, Watchman is not going to be for everyone.    I absolutely love The Leftovers and think it's almost a top 5 show ever but that was definitely not for everyone and I understand why.     So since it's the same guys making this I get it.    All I can say is, with these guys it's usually worth the wait for the story to get fleshed out.   

Are you watching Mrs. Fletcher? We've enjoyed watching it so far, and I thought the creator's name looked familiar. It's another story by Tom Perotta, although it's much different than The Leftovers. 

11 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Are you watching Mrs. Fletcher? We've enjoyed watching it so far, and I thought the creator's name looked familiar. It's another story by Tom Perotta, although it's much different than The Leftovers. 

I'm not but will look into it.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:18 AM, Zaximus said:

It’s not the watchmen. It’s what happens when you let a bunch of shitty GoT’s show runners and executives. The first episode wasn’t even related to the watchmen besides one character. 

11 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

It’s not the watchmen. It’s what happens when you let a bunch of shitty GoT’s show runners and executives. The first episode wasn’t even related to the watchmen besides one character. 

But it IS the Watchmen. If you could make it past the first episode of any of these shows you've been shitting on in here, you'd see they take time to build a story. Besides, this story set decades after the original graphic novel, and it pulls in a lot of new characters. It's weird, but so was the original story. 

2 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

But it IS the Watchmen. If you could make it past the first episode of any of these shows you've been shitting on in here, you'd see they take time to build a story. Besides, this story set decades after the original graphic novel, and it pulls in a lot of new characters. It's weird, but so was the original story. 

I’m gonna let a season get out and then rewatch it as it’s own creation and enjoy it as it is. But it did not conjure anything of the comic books it should have in episode 1.

10 hours ago, Harbingers said:

It takes place 30 years after the comic. It's not supposed to be about those Watchmen ... yet they still managed to nerd serve them and have brought in plenty.

Archived