• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think we'll see Grier now?

trueblade

25 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

After losing to the Niners so badly, I bet you a dime & nickel Tepper suggested we start Grier & Ron refused. Now watching Allen suck so badly again vs. the Falcons Tepper couldn't stand it anymore, so he makes his "mediocrity" statement. Two weeks later, we suck badly again & Ron goes bye bye.

The rest of the season is basically an roster evaluation. Very good chance Grier will start at least next week.

Theres no way Tepper tells the coaches what decisions to make. Literally no way that happens 

8 minutes ago, ickmule said:

If Tepper is telling a coach who should be on the field we most certainly have the wrong owner.  

If Tepper has to tell your GM, to tell your HC, to bench a clearly hurt Cam Newton, you may have the wrong power structure in place from top to bottom.

Clean it up Tep.

A new head coach probably just solidified that Grier will likely be a wasted pick. Imo a new head coach most likely will in fact signal the end of Newton and Grier. A new coach will probably want to pick his guy. 

Of course if Newton can genuinely come back healthy without a question in the new staffs mind then the job is his. But I imagine a new coach will mean a new QB and void the possibility of Grier ever seeing the field in a Panthers uniform 

39 minutes ago, trueblade said:

With Scott Turner, the guy who lobbied Norv, Ron and Marty to select Grier now in the OC spot, do you think Grier will get the start against Atlanta?

Grier sucked with the Panthers "starting" O-line. How bad will it be with the K-Mart blue-light special in front of him?

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

If Tepper has to tell your GM, to tell your HC, to bench a clearly hurt Cam Newton, you may have the wrong power structure in place from top to bottom.

Clean it up Tep.

do we know that happened?

what I thought happened was Cam concealed the extent of his injury and the HC took his word for it until it became clear during game #2 he couldn't play. 

tbqh his game #1 was not extraordinarily bad for Cam so I could see why nobody woulda benched him immediately after.

8 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Theres no way Tepper tells the coaches what decisions to make. Literally no way that happens 

You must have missed "All or Nothing." Tepper was on camera in his box watching Carolina get butt-stomped last season when he made the comment Cam shouldn't be on the field because he couldn't throw the ball. He went downstairs and told Rivera to bench Cam after Rivera stood in front of a presser and said, "Cam gives us our best chance to win." This was when we got our first look at Kyle Allen.

Need to see if he has any promise at some point. Allen has had his turn, you pretty much know what you're getting from him. I wouldn't call it a benching, we just need to see why we spent a 3rd round pick on Grier and hope it wasn't a waste like it seems to be.

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

do we know that happened?

what I thought happened was Cam concealed the extent of his injury and the HC took his word for it until it became clear during game #2 he couldn't play. 

tbqh his game #1 was not extraordinarily bad for Cam so I could see why nobody woulda benched him immediately after.

This was last season, refer to All or Nothing.

Cam's shoulder was shot, completely shot (TONS of posters on this board called me all kinds of things for saying it then) and Tepper had to step in and force Marty to force Ron to bench Cam.

Just a bad look all around.

I’ve gotta tell ya,..

if YOU spent $2.2 BILLION to buy a business,.. and are spending a weeeeee bit more for new facilities,..

im quite sure you stick a foot up the GM and Coaches asses sometimes.

i mean... it’s not THEIR money,.. and it’s not the FANS money— that’s his money.

right?

1 minute ago, JARROD said:

I’ve gotta tell ya,..

if YOU spent $2.2 BILLION to buy a business,.. and are spending a weeeeee bit more for new facilities,..

im quite sure you stick a foot up the GM and Coaches asses sometimes.

i mean... it’s not THEIR money,.. and it’s not the FANS money— that’s his money.

right?

IMO? No.

You put the right people in place and you trust them, only when the decisions being made could hurt the franchise moving forward do you interject.

At least that's what I want from my owner, not sure what we have yet to be honest.

Maybe he won't start this week, but I'm pretty sure we'll see him get some time. And I do think disagreement about this could have been the last straw that caused Tepper to act now, rather than wait.

Need to know what we have on the roster before going into the rebuild.

Archived