• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does the Rhule hire help us strategically?

rayzor

the way i think he helps us is he's been having to work hard to find talent and develop them.  like he said, baylor wasn't getting the recruits bama, lsu, clemson... got.    while we don't recruit the same way this should help us in the later rounds of the draft and in adding non star fa's.   

6 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

He appears to be smart and that would be good for outsmarting the opponent. I'm not sure it's any more complex than that. 

You forgot to mention that with his cooking experience he can jump on the grill after a tough game and rustle up some burgers or whatever.

Rhule wasn’t my first choice, but I’m trying to be open minded and learn more about him. So far I hear some things I like and a few that give me pause, so I guess we’ll just see how it goes. The 7 year contract bothers me not at all. I think TBE is spot on about it.

I said all along that the grass isn't always greener and here you go Panthers fans. Fired a two time coach of the year for a college coach that had one winning season at Baylor. 

Maybe this guy turns out to be a hall of famer and I’m pulling for him, but this is hardly the type of hire most wanted. 

I feel like Rivera was always playing catch up in the league. He was behind in the strategic trends, how the winds of the nfl were blowing. 

My hope is that Rhule and Tepper are more forward thinking and creating those trends and not reacting to them years later. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like Rivera was always playing catch up in the league. He was behind in the strategic trends, how the winds of the nfl were blowing. 

My hope is that Rhule and Tepper are more forward thinking and creating those trends and not reacting to them years later. 

The Browns adopted this same methodology 

35 minutes ago, TbTeRRoR said:

We shall use half trained / half wild velociraptors  on offense 

tell me he doesn't remind you of this guy

vincent_donofrio_jurassic_world.jpg

I said he looked like the guy in men in black that got his skin stolen by the cockroach. Same guy haha

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He sounds like he is an extremely prepared coach on any situation that may pop up in a game. His quote from talking to the Giants OC during their two super bowl winning seasons about if you’re offensive staff has to talk about what you’re doing the next play they are a bad offensive staff, spoke volumes about his level of preparation.

7 minutes ago, London Loves Luke said:

From everything I’ve read he reminds me of Pete Carroll the most, lead through culture and process, not by calling plays, creative schemes and drafting superstars. Carroll has created arguably the best talent development programme in the NFL happy to be going down this route.

I hope you are correct, but he’s unproven in the NFL. There were guys available that have won at this level and very little risk. I just hope Tepper doesn’t get too carried away with the analytics and go Money Ball on is like the Browns. 

5 minutes ago, jtm said:

I hope you are correct, but he’s unproven in the NFL. There were guys available that have won at this level and very little risk. I just hope Tepper doesn’t get too carried away with the analytics and go Money Ball on is like the Browns. 

Just out of curiosity who do you think had very little risk? Feels like all the candidates had some big question mark one way or the other. Maybe not Mccarthy but that would have gone over like a lead balloon here as well.

Archived