• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cincy can have burrow

RumHam

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which of course leads people to the next logical step in their respective careers.

Probably not going to happen, but you can't blame people for thinking it.

Yeah, I get it.

I just laugh about people thinking Burrow is nothing more than a system QB though. The dude just put up 14 TDs in two games vs. the best teams in college football. That's absurd. To put it in perspective, both the Pac-12 and the Pac-10 have failed to put up that many TDs as conferences in all of CFP history combined. Joe Burrow did it in two games.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I get it.

I just laugh about people thinking Burrow is nothing more than a system QB though. The dude just put up 14 TDs in two games vs. the best teams in college football. That's absurd. To put it in perspective, both the Pac-12 and the Pac-10 have failed to put up that many TDs as conferences in all of CFP history combined. Joe Burrow did it in two games.

Systems don't affect accuracy.

Kid looked laser accurate last night.

4 hours ago, Varking said:

Where was all this talent last year when Burrow was completing less than 60% of his passes? Its awfully odd that he increased his completion rate by over 20% this year. MAYBE it has to do to an older college QB developing his talents but also being placed in an amazing system with the best talent in college football around him. 

Its crazy how we are constantly reminded about one year wonders in both college and the pros but people always get caught up in the moment and think the current guy having a sick one year career is the best prospect in forever. Burrow had the same guys around him last year in the offense but bringing in Joe Brady changed the game. 

It started in the Fiesta Bowl last year where Burrow had almost 400 yards and 4 TDs.  They just keep rolling in spring ball, and into the season this year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Systems don't affect accuracy.

Kid looked laser accurate last night.

Yeah, I think the guy put up such video game numbers this season that the biggest obstacle for him to overcome in the NFL will be failing to live up to the hype even if he is an elite NFL QB. The guy threw for 60 TDs in 15 games. At that rate over a 16 game season he'd have 64. Peyton Manning holds the single season NFL passing TD record at 55. He averaged 7 total TDs per game in the CFP. I mean, I don't care HOW great he is, that's not going to continue at the NFL level. Not even close to it.

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Mostly. You had Norv come in with his system and Cam jumped in accuracy before he got hurt. 

Cam's accuracy issues were always overstated IMO. The guy was constantly asked to make the toughest throws in football under Shula. Downfield throws to receivers who couldn't create separation. 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cam's accuracy issues were always overstated IMO. The guy was constantly asked to make the toughest throws in football under Shula. Downfield throws to receivers who couldn't create separation. 

I agree with you. My point was that a new system brought a higher completion percentage. And it always helps to have solid WRs who can make contested catches. A lot of the deep catches LSU made last night would have been drops for the 2010-2019 Carolina Panthers. 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

I agree with you. My point was that a new system brought a higher completion percentage. And it always helps to have solid WRs who can make contested catches. A lot of the deep catches LSU made last night would have been drops for the 2010-2019 Carolina Panthers. 

And even then, that LSU WR with the huge game last night dropped what might've been his easiest deep ball TD opportunity 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And even then, that LSU WR with the huge game last night dropped what might've been his easiest deep ball TD opportunity 

Would have had insane stats of like 8 catches for close to 300 yards and 3 tds...as a true sophmore. LSU is the favorite to get transfer QB King from Houston. He might be able to keep the ball rolling if Brady stays at LSU as well. 

Archived