• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stock Market seems volatile

Happy Panther

So what are you traders doing? Moving money into equities, out of equities? Trying to time the market?

I am adding equities every time the Dow loses 5% so i have added positions 4 times. I can do this for a while but a 2008 type correction would not be fun.

We lost more today that my first job in corporate america paid me annually.

:shrug:

2 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Have bought AAL twice. Unless they go bankrupt there is a huge upside potential.

Told my son 2 weeks ago that I wanted to buy some sort of tech communications stocks like skype, but not skype.

I hear Zoom or some of them are taking off, not sure, have not researched

Was thinking 2 weeks ago of streaming capabilities and schools, churches, etc

4 hours ago, stirs said:

Told my son 2 weeks ago that I wanted to buy some sort of tech communications stocks like skype, but not skype.

I hear Zoom or some of them are taking off, not sure, have not researched

Was thinking 2 weeks ago of streaming capabilities and schools, churches, etc

GoToMeeting would be the other one (LOGM). Zoom has had a bigger dip but neither have been decimated. For work purposes I use GoToMeeting but I tested both and they are pretty similar. Would be tempted to invest in both as it seems like a possible merger/acquisition play.

Trump announce a suspension of outbound cruise ship activity that may send some of those stocks diving on Monday. My next buying point is when (if) the dow hits 21,000 and i will be looking at Disney and Norwegian. But I haven't compared other cruise stocks.

15 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

GoToMeeting would be the other one (LOGM). Zoom has had a bigger dip but neither have been decimated. For work purposes I use GoToMeeting but I tested both and they are pretty similar. Would be tempted to invest in both as it seems like a possible merger/acquisition play.

Trump announce a suspension of outbound cruise ship activity that may send some of those stocks diving on Monday. My next buying point is when (if) the dow hits 21,000 and i will be looking at Disney and Norwegian. But I haven't compared other cruise stocks.

trump all but said he was going to bailout cruise industry and airlines today.

Would look for both to head back up soon.

I don't spend enough time looking at tech/computer/communications stocks to know who owns who.  I just figure some of these companies (streaming hardware and software) will get contracts with school systems and such and get huge spikes.  But, I am guessing

Edited by stirs
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, stirs said:

American is in the worst shape of the big 4 airlines. Wouldnt be surprised if the go bankrupcy chapter 11 as their debt ratio is pretty bad. Cant speak on United but Delta is a safe bet even parking 300 aircraft. Southwest might have issues. 

Edited by Squirrel

Same thing as in 1987 and 2008... sit and hold. It's not a loss if you don't sell. Look for bellweathers that drop and snag a few bargains.

People are panic selling and then buying on Fridays to recoup some growth and cash back in on Monday mornings.

And your 401k will be fine, just don't look at it for six months.