• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stock Market seems volatile

Happy Panther

On 5/7/2020 at 4:34 PM, Davidson Deac II said:

American Airlines is at 9.5 or so a share.  Thinking about buying a few shares.  My only concern would be if they eventually have to declare bankruptcy, but that doesn't look likely right now.  

American is in the worst shape of any of the US airlines. Look at their debt and assets.  They also have one of the highest cash burn rates of the airlines.  

I will give them a month and they will file chapter 11. 

I would buy Spirit stock (save) before American. 

I so want to buy hertz (htz) but damn if isn't temperamental. 

Another one I might get is Tanger outlets (skt). Getting beat up now and had to suspend their dividend but once this past they should rebound. 

Edited by Squirrel

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 4:45 AM, Squirrel said:

I so want to buy hertz (htz) but damn if isn't temperamental. 

Another one I might get is Tanger outlets (skt). Getting beat up now and had to suspend their dividend but once this past they should rebound. 

Good thing you didn’t! Now Hertz is bankrupt.

I bought some ETFs in cloud computing and information security that have done nicely. I also have a small holding in the Nikola reverse merger offering (possible competitor to Tesla)

10 hours ago, hepcat said:

I bought some ETFs in cloud computing and information security that have done nicely. I also have a small holding in the Nikola reverse merger offering (possible competitor to Tesla)

Ssshhhhhhhh about Nikola. 

On 5/26/2020 at 7:21 AM, hepcat said:

Yeah actually had a position in it but got out when the bankruptcy rumors started floating around. 

On 5/13/2020 at 5:32 AM, Squirrel said:

American is in the worst shape of any of the US airlines. Look at their debt and assets.  They also have one of the highest cash burn rates of the airlines.  

I will give them a month and they will file chapter 11. 

I would buy Spirit stock (save) before American. 

Sold today at 11, so it worked out fairly well.  I also bought some United stock, that I will hang on to for a while.  

Lost money on a couple of stocks, but overall I have made a decent amount.  This is just a little playing around with it money that I am using right now, but hoping to make enough money to take the wife to Greece next spring.  Or at least pay for the air fare.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

7 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Sold today at 11, so it worked out fairly well.  I also bought some United stock, that I will hang on to for a while.  

Lost money on a couple of stocks, but overall I have made a decent amount.  This is just a little playing around with it money that I am using right now, but hoping to make enough money to take the wife to Greece next spring.  Or at least pay for the air fare.  

Yeah down a little too. But I sold one stock at a loss at the beginning because I didn't think it would rebound quickly and I could use it to balance my portfolio. 

Was able to catch some stocks and ride them up. Best was united from 20.49 to 29.50. Just wished I had more shares of it at the time. This is my furlough stash which I might need in october. So trying to build it up but not be aggressive. 

I bought exxon, halliburton, and valero when there was that massive drop in the oil market. All rose dramatically. Bought twitter when Trump bashed twitter. Made a quick 10%. I'm honestly scared to leave anything in short term. The markets are up too much given so many businesses are about to go bankrupt.