• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stock Market seems volatile

Happy Panther

11 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Time to sell United today.  Nearly doubled the amount I put into it.   Got to find another stock to buy with what I made though.  

Yeah pickings are getting slim. Everything for the most part has ran up. 

5 hours ago, bull123 said:

Powell talked yesterday, now markets plunge

this guy is awful, needs to go

It was well publicized rates weren't going to move days before he spoke. Markets plunged because it was announced we're officially in a recession and if you were expecting to see a rate hike immediately following a statement that we're in a recession, you're just not paying attention.

The coronavirus second wave is also causing economic worries as states who thumbed their collective noses at COVID-19 and "opened for business" earlier than most and against the advice of trained professional medical folks are now experiencing some big numbers (Texas, Florida, Arizona).

Oh, and Powell was nominated by Trump and confirmed by a GOP Senate. So if you want him gone, then we'll just add him to the list of "only the best people" turning out not to be the best and getting fired by Trump. 

22 minutes ago, bull123 said:

not solely about rates, more about what powell said about the negative growth due to covid...he is not a damn doctor

as a Trump supporter I will agree that he has made some really lousy hires...and this buffoon was the absolute worst...everything he has done has tanked the markets...every damn time

We're in a recession- not of Powell's doing.

We're in a pandemic- not of Powell's doing.

The DOL unemployment rate is 13.5% and true unemployment is at 21%- not of Powell's doing.

People are selling off stocks to create disposable income because they're not working- not of Powell's doing.

He did nothing and you're blaming him for tanking the markets? You're just not very bright.

• Pie 1

On 6/7/2020 at 6:48 PM, Dex said:

Bought OXY at $12.24 a share a few months ago. Closed at $22.70 on Friday. Bought 1000 shares of ENSV today. Getting ready to ride this oil & energy train.

That's the last time I take stock tips from people on this message board  LOL

14 minutes ago, fitty76 said:

That's the last time I take stock tips from people on this message board  LOL

Funny thing. I bought ENSV after market and when the market opened in the morning the order didn't process so I bought $XOG at $0.71 a share. Sold at $1.97 a share before market close that day. Now I've got a bunch in IZEA they're making an announcement at 3pm EST today regarding contracts with two fortune 500 companies. Wish me luck.

I also sold my OXY shares at $24.33 on Monday. The market just took some major hits this week.

1 hour ago, Dex said:

Funny thing. I bought ENSV after market and when the market opened in the morning the order didn't process so I bought $XOG at $0.71 a share. Sold at $1.97 a share before market close that day. Now I've got a bunch in IZEA they're making an announcement at 3pm EST today regarding contracts with two fortune 500 companies. Wish me luck.

I also sold my OXY shares at $24.33 on Monday. The market just took some major hits this week.

It's cool I'll just hang onto it for a little while I guess.  

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

powell speaks...market rally tanks

trump needs to fire this idiot and deal with the fallout

powell is awful...got to dump his lousy a$$

Yeah, chump needs one of his unqualified lying lacki es to take over the fed and do to it what Alex Azar did to the department of health and human services and the pandemic response team.