• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

15 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I can’t believe people are still downplaying this virus. Y’all better believe college football and NFL seasons are in jeopardy this year. 

Watching football(College or Pro or any sport) isn't worth it spreading this virus around faster and not important compared to what is going on right now. The world of sports can be on hold for a while till this is over.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:56 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

At a healthy 37 my wife and I are very low risk too. Our 4 year old daughter per current data is essentially no risk. I'm worried about my three grandparents and our parents that are still alive. They're in considerably higher risk groups.

Well, three just became two. :(

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Assuming that means what I think it means, so sorry to hear it.  

Yeah, my dad's father passed away this morning. Sucks, but it was time. He had advanced emphysema from a lifetime of working in a carbon plant. I really feel for my grandmother right now. Funerals are sad, but the gathering of people and sharing of stories does help the healing process and that's just not possible right now and people of their generation in that area aren't exactly the most tech savvy to make a virtual funeral much of a possibility. I'm just worried that as word gets out the community is going to start flocking there anyway.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Watching football(College or Pro or any sport) isn't worth it spreading this virus around faster and not important compared to what is going on right now. The world of sports can be on hold for a while till this is over.

Agree totally. 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, my dad's father passed away this morning. Sucks, but it was time. He had advanced emphysema from a lifetime of working in a carbon plant. I really feel for my grandmother right now. Funerals are sad, but the gathering of people and sharing of stories does help the healing process and that's just not possible right now and people of their generation in that area aren't exactly the most tech savvy to make a virtual funeral much of a possibility. I'm just worried that as word gets out the community is going to start flocking there anyway.

Tough times man, my condolences. 

• Beer 1

Meanwhile, in Italy only three weeks into their lockdown it seems like the people might be about to their breaking point.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-italy-becoming-impatient-with-lockdown-and-social-unrest-is-brewing-11965122

This is why it's so dangerous to mislead people that thinks are going to be back to normal in a matter of weeks. They're not. You gotta set proper expectations.

The UK is setting 3-6 month expectations for social distancing protocols. Not to say things are going to be completely locked down that long, but we're going to be dealing with a "new normal" for quite some time.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Meanwhile, in Italy only three weeks into their lockdown it seems like the people might be about to their breaking point.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-italy-becoming-impatient-with-lockdown-and-social-unrest-is-brewing-11965122

This is why it's so dangerous to mislead people that thinks are going to be back to normal in a matter of weeks. They're not. You gotta set proper expectations.

The UK is setting 3-6 month expectations for social distancing protocols. Not to say things are going to be completely locked down that long, but we're going to be dealing with a "new normal" for quite some time.

At the beginning of this, I was wanting to camp at home and avoid the danger, as mentioned, I have lung issues.
But this looks like it will not be over soon and I should probably continue to work as long as possible.
This whole thing stinks.

1 minute ago, Cam's New Arm said:

At the beginning of this, I was wanting to camp at home and avoid the danger, as mentioned, I have lung issues.
But this looks like it will not be over soon and I should probably continue to work as long as possible.
This whole thing stinks.

If you have lung issues, I'd be staying your ass at home. 

• Flames 1

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

IMO, the president and governors should come out and say bluntly that in two weeks, they will reassess the situation.  Make no promises one way or the other, but tell people that they will decide to extend based on the situation then.

Of course, people would read into that what they wanted to hear instead of what was actually said, but stupidity can't be helped.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

“Chinese researchers say they've found a virus in pangolins that closely resembles the new coronavirus. And they're calling for the trade in wild animals to be strictly prohibited.” “85-92%” Match. 
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/ataglance/840/

China is calling for the trade in wild animals to be strictly prohibited. Peak irony... we've achieved it.