• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

You really think Hollywood would let that happen?

studios have invested billions in streaming technology. Disney already released the biggest cartoon ever on streaming. 

studios don't need them anymore.

there will still be small theaters for select films, but going to the theaters will be the new record player. and i say good. the only real appeal is seeing the big explody movies on a large screen and time to let that die. 

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

studios have invested billions in streaming technology. Disney already released the biggest cartoon ever on streaming. 

studios don't need them anymore.

there will still be small theaters for select films, but going to the theaters will be the new record player. and i say good. the only real appeal is seeing the big explody movies on a large screen and time to let that die. 

Bring back drive ins. They were better anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

47 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Amc is on the verge of bankruptcy. Expected to happen this week or next week. 

Movie theatres have been dying a slow death. I don’t remember the last movie we saw in a theatre. I think it was that one About the two dudes needing wedding dates. 

And suddenly I find myself strongly supporting Trump's brazen plan to withhold funding from the WHO.

http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/alcohol-use/news/news/2020/04/alcohol-does-not-protect-against-covid-19-access-should-be-restricted-during-lockdown/_recache?fbclid=IwAR2lkIQcxfDdziOa7esAbXO-caLv66wvhmP4JxoDwXQd5z14X02jAmHZulg

Alcohol does not protect against COVID-19; access should be restricted during lockdown

Denver tried this when they initially announced their stay at home guidelines. Liquor stores and marijuana businesses initially were not going to be deemed essential businesses and would've been forced to close for the duration of the stay at home order. People flocked to them in such droves that decision was changed almost immediately.

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Theaters will come back. The studios need that box office money. I don't see these efforts of trying to sell a stream for a new movie for $20 going over well at all.

I dunno. 

Get a few friends together. Everyone chips in. Instead of popcorn & soda have a fish fry with beer.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And suddenly I find myself strongly supporting Trump's brazen plan to withhold funding from the WHO.

http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/alcohol-use/news/news/2020/04/alcohol-does-not-protect-against-covid-19-access-should-be-restricted-during-lockdown/_recache?fbclid=IwAR2lkIQcxfDdziOa7esAbXO-caLv66wvhmP4JxoDwXQd5z14X02jAmHZulg

Alcohol does not protect against COVID-19; access should be restricted during lockdown

Denver tried this when they initially announced their stay at home guidelines. Liquor stores and marijuana businesses initially were not going to be deemed essential businesses and would've been forced to close for the duration of the stay at home order. People flocked to them in such droves that decision was changed almost immediately.

Alcohol holds zero benefits mentally or physically. 

Marijuana is not the same.

Ban alcohol and mandate Marijuana. Profit?