• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

It's the American way. These large corporations getting the bailouts spent a lot of money financing political campaigns.

Nothing matters until there is legit campaign financing regulation changes. Until then, our representatives are bought and paid for before they ever step foot in office. Your support (or lack thereof) matters on election day and that's it.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Devil Doc said:

I have a 9 month old, who cries everytime you leave the room. I have an 8 yo that has ADHD, hard to keep him occupied, then I have a 5 yo nephew. They play with neighborhood kids, however, they always tromping in the house. They will also know I am busy, and bother me because they can. It is tough on my wife. 

2 month old and a pretty hyper 5 year old here, it can be pretty interesting at times.

3 hours ago, philit99 said:

Neither would the multi-millionaires cashing in said government handouts, claiming to employ those without jobs.

They would come under the "people chasing billions" part of my statement

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Wow. Mocking a very serious health pandemic and sexual assaults all in one post. A new low point for this thread. Well done. 

You "low point" about everything you touch here, so pardon if you get deaf ears on that one

• Pie 3

Those saying the country should just open back up show how privileged and removed from the reality of this they are, whether thanks to youth or health or financial status. 

I’m working at home with my wife and baby NYC and feel like it already went through through our home. But we’ve lost friends. Neighbor on one side died of it and on the other side was hospitalized. People are literally dying all around us and I’m fortunate enough to have the option to just quarantine myself. So many people don’t. I honestly don’t know how unemployed parents, especially single parents are dealing right now. Letting it “run its course” is leaving these people for dead.

Schools are the barometer for “normalcy” since kids going back means daycare for working parents and if we open them back up prematurely it’s a wrap. Children  will be walking silent carriers. 

• Pie 5

38 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Those saying the country should just open back up show how privileged and removed from the reality of this they are, whether thanks to youth or health or financial status. 

I’m working at home with my wife and baby NYC and feel like it already went through through our home. But we’ve lost friends. Neighbor on one side died of it and on the other side was hospitalized. People are literally dying all around us and I’m fortunate enough to have the option to just quarantine myself. So many people don’t. I honestly don’t know how unemployed parents, especially single parents are dealing right now. Letting it “run its course” is leaving these people for dead.

Schools are the barometer for “normalcy” since kids going back means daycare for working parents and if we open them back up prematurely it’s a wrap. Children  will be walking silent carriers. 

I'm sorry for the situation you are in, but a one size fits all reaction is not appropriate and is killing the economy, which will kill many people as well.

In NC, we have had 500 some deaths, most in nursing homes. Meanwhile, half the restaurants and many, many more businesses are projected not to open again. Shutting everything down can and will ruin at least as many lives as the virus. 

Things have to start opening with precautions. 

• Pie 2