• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Wearing a mask definitely helps, this has been studied extensively. You should do it, as should everyone. I don't know why you need to add some separate qualifier to it. Yeah, you should disinfect your hands ALSO.

Talking to my parents and several of my friends still in the US, they said that (in NC at least) whenever they go out nobody is wearing a mask, nobody is distancing. It's just crazy, these are very simple things you can do, and yes they make a significant impact.

This stuff really isn't that hard, stop acting like spoiled children people.

And like I said, if they're wearing a mask, but then go on to touch the door down the freezer aisle which is riddled with germs, then go on to touch their debit card, their phone, then wearing a mask becomes pointless. They're still spreading their germs and potentially the virus. I don't do any of those things. I take more precautions than most, except wearing a mask because the straps hurt my ears. 

14 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Dems don’t want to open up

Here's what I don't get, this crybaby is getting all upset because I may go to the gym or out to eat, or get a haircut, but it wasn't my decision to open up. But they are, and they need my business more than ever. If I, or anyone for that matter, doesn't try to support our local businesses, who were affected by this shutdown, then they will eventually go under, which means millions more will lose their job, their livelihood. Dude getting mad because I want to support my local businesses to keep them afloat, so they can support themselves and their families. Madness. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

maybe forcing people to work menial wage jobs to prevent foreclosure and ruin during a global pandemic is a massive problem, and breaking quarantine to go to great clips isn't anything to be lauded for. 

Forced? Yeah, no one was forced to do anything. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

maybe forcing people to work menial wage jobs to prevent foreclosure and ruin during a global pandemic is a massive problem, and breaking quarantine to go to great clips isn't anything to be lauded for. 

But, but the LIBS! 

Clearly this is not a public health matter,  it's all about politics. Don't you see?  Come on man!

1 minute ago, Xtreme said:

Forced? Yeah, no one was forced to do anything. 

In georgia the governor literally declared the emergency over, while cases were rising (and he was cooking the books) so that employees could no longer claim unemployment benefits. 

and since the lockdown was lifted, if they didn't go in to work that meant they quit and couldn't apply for UI. 

This trick was repeated in Florida, Ohio, and Texas. 

So yes, they were forced. Whether or not you can think two moves ahead and understand this, well, the thread waits with bated breath

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

In georgia the governor literally declared the emergency over, while cases were rising (and he was cooking the books) so that employees could no longer claim unemployment benefits. 

and since the lockdown was lifted, if they didn't go in to work that meant they quit and couldn't apply for UI. 

This trick was repeated in Florida, Ohio, and Texas. 

So yes, they were forced. Whether or not you can think two moves ahead and understand this, well, the thread waits with bated breath

So wait, they were getting unemployment benefits while being employed? Why?

• Beer 1

Just now, Xtreme said:

So wait, they were getting unemployment benefits while being employed? Why?

because they were unable to work during the lockdown due to the pandemic. 

you know, that thing that's sweeping the world. 

UI systems were used because that system was already in place. 

i don't know why i'm responding to you because you're basically cosplaying's sartre's quote about fascists. 

Just now, electro's horse said:

because they were unable to work during the lockdown due to the pandemic. 

you know, that thing that's sweeping the world. 

UI systems were used because that system was already in place. 

i don't know why i'm responding to you because you're basically cosplaying's sartre's quote about fascists. 

Unemployment benefits aren't supposed to last forever. The lockdown was lifted, so it's time to get back to work. If they didn't, then well, you probably won't have a job to come back to. No one was forced, quit being dramatic. If they didn't like it, then go apply in some warehouse where it will be safer. And like you just said, there's a report that masks decrease transmission by 75%, so wear a mask, some gloves and practice social distancing. It sounds to me, they just wanted free money for not doing anything.

And what in the world is "cosplaying sartre's quote about fascists?" You're a weird dude. Must be one of those dorks that scream FASCISTS at everyone they don't like lol

11 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

And like I said, if they're wearing a mask, but then go on to touch the door down the freezer aisle which is riddled with germs, then go on to touch their debit card, their phone, then wearing a mask becomes pointless. They're still spreading their germs and potentially the virus. I don't do any of those things. I take more precautions than most, except wearing a mask because the straps hurt my ears. 

No, wearing a mask is not pointless. It makes a significant difference in transmission in every single study that's been conducted. Yeah, you should keep your hands disinfected too. It's not one or the other and would be a logical fallacy to look at is as such.

Your statement that "I do my part, more than most" isn't true when compared to the rest of the world. You're doing less than every single one of the 100+ million people where I live. You're not following the most simple basic guidelines.

And LOL at "the straps hurt my ears", I couldn't help but bust out laughing. Suck it up buttercup.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

No, wearing a mask is not pointless. It makes a significant difference in transmission in every single study that's been conducted. Yeah, you should keep your hands disinfected too. It's not one or the other and would be a logical fallacy to look at is as such.

Your statement that "I do my part, more than most" isn't true when compared to the rest of the world. You're doing less than every single one of the 100+ million people where I live. You're not following the most simple basic guidelines.

And LOL at "the straps hurt my ears", I couldn't help but bust out laughing. Suck it up buttercup.

I'm glad I made you laugh :shades:

But if masks were as significant as these studies claim, then my county would be getting rekted right now, but instead, we've only had a little over 100 cases and just two deaths in 3-months. 

Agree to disagree and move on dude. 

6 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Unemployment benefits aren't supposed to last forever. The lockdown was lifted, so it's time to get back to work. If they didn't, then well, you probably won't have a job to come back to. No one was forced, quit being dramatic. If they didn't like it, then go apply in some warehouse where it will be safer. And like you just said, there's a report that masks decrease transmission by 75%, so wear a mask, some gloves and practice social distancing. It sounds to me, they just wanted free money for not doing anything.

And what in the world is "cosplaying sartre's quote about fascists?" You're a weird dude. Must be one of those dorks that scream FASCISTS at everyone they don't like lol

Which report was that?   I'd be encouraged to see the 75% number. 

In general I'd recommend against the name calling. Makes it seem like you don't have any actual facts to support your argument.