• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

22 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Rich people first silly

1. Politicians and their families and staffers

2. Celebrities

3. The very wealthy

4. Hospital executives

5. Medical personal.

6. People with insurance

7. everyone else

It will be easy to get since so many people think it is too risky/used by Bill gates to implant microchips.

• Pie 5

32 minutes ago, stirs said:

when a proper vaccine is developed, what "pecking order" should these be given out?

Probably healthcare workers and anyone in a rest home?  This would seem like common sense, but I figure the gov will come up with some strange directive.

Some are already saying they are scared because it is being "rushed".  4th qtr will be a sensational one for certain

High risk groups, healthcare workers, elderly, front line workers and the like. 

The human guinea pigs for potential vaccines being tested right now number in the thousands.  So whatever scientists eventually come up with will likely prove to be significantly safer than going without, especially for high risk individuals.  

Of course herd immunity is the ultimate objective, so the quicker people are vaccinated the quicker society can get back to some semblance of normalcy without waiting for coronavirus to spread to everyone naturally. 

Should be interesting as flu season returns this Autumn.  Second wave might be worse than the first, especially if we have a vaccination available that half the population refuses to take advantage of.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

12 minutes ago, Tbe said:

1. Politicians and their families and staffers

2. Celebrities

3. The very wealthy

4. Hospital executives

5. Medical personal.

6. People with insurance

7. everyone else

It will be easy to get since so many people think it is too risky/used by Bill gates to implant microchips.

Yep, we already saw it play out with testing. The common person couldn't get a test even if they were exhibiting textbook symptoms yet how many reports did we hear of asymptomatic politicians, celebrities, and athletes getting tested?

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Should be interesting as flu season returns this Autumn.  Second wave might be worse than the first, especially if we have a vaccination available that half the population refuses to take advantage of.

There's not going to be a vaccination by this fall. Not in meaningful quantities anyway.

8 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

You'll have to forgive me for not getting too excited over anything coming out of China right now. I still remember them shipping a bunch of faulty COVID tests all over the world barely a month ago.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's cheap. The house I'm selling in Colorado for well over $500k could be bought all day long in the Charlotte area for half that.

In a general sense there is a meaningful difference between Charlotte proper and Charlotte "area."  When my company decided to start a Charlotte office, not a single person that was transferred chose to live in Charlotte proper.  Everybody bought around the edges.  Hell, even the "Charlotte office" ended up in Fort Mill. LOL

That being said, people from certain areas of the country are getting a bargain in Charlotte compared to where they are from.  I live in Virginia Beach which comes at a premium price but a co-worker upgraded her home for cheaper when she moved here from San Diego.

2 hours ago, Wes21 said:

In a general sense there is a meaningful difference between Charlotte proper and Charlotte "area."  When my company decided to start a Charlotte office, not a single person that was transferred chose to live in Charlotte proper.  Everybody bought around the edges.  Hell, even the "Charlotte office" ended up in Fort Mill. LOL

That being said, people from certain areas of the country are getting a bargain in Charlotte compared to where they are from.  I live in Virginia Beach which comes at a premium price but a co-worker upgraded her home for cheaper when she moved here from San Diego.

I can buy an actual fuging mansion in Charlotte for what I'm selling my 3 bed, 2 bath 2000sqft house for.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14232-Carlton-Woods-Ln-Charlotte-NC-28278/80457354_zpid/?

1 minute ago, Inimicus said:

Yeah @LinvilleGorge ain't bullshitting.  The middle class house I live in now would be a mansion in G'boro.  Property costs on the Front Range are stupid.

I could sell my modest home tomorrow and buy this (zilliow to zillow) from the deal

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4-Rosebay-Cir-Greensboro-NC-27455/5961578_zpid/

Yep, I've had enough. We're buying on the western slope or Montana probably around this time next year. I'm pushing for Montana but if the wife is set on the western slope I'm not gonna fight it too hard.

5 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

We are looking at Wyoming hard.

With my change in employment (to work from home permanently) Its opened up the opportunity to find somewhere the maximizes my salary vs cost of living.

We've been thinking about getting off the Front Range for the past 2-3 years and were definitely gonna do it in the next 2-3 years so we're jumping the gun now because I think we're about to get rocked for awhile economically and it seems like 95% of people are completely oblivious to it. Cash in my chips now and buy at a heavy discount a year from now.

12 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

We are about 5 months form the capital gains taxes of selling but are very much in the same boat of looking for an exit ramp.

We over bought for... reasons, but we've seen a ~40Kish improvement in price and we still have a 30k plumbing issue to address.  I dont imagine us being in the Denver metro in 12 months.  poo is crazy expensive here.

We bought four years ago. Our annual appreciation averages out to 7% per year based on our selling price.