• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

5 hours ago, Greatman77 said:

As a cancer survivor, with a low lymphocyte count and who is in the high risk category, I sincerely thank you for this. I wish people would stop seeing mask wearing as any kind of political statement. The virus doesn't care about your politics (or mine).

Sure, walking around in a mask isn’t very comfortable and kind of looks silly - but honestly who gives a crap. It’s for the benefit of my fellow Americans. Both of my parents are high risk, my mom has an auto immune disease. 

and honestly, the fact that trump is making a big deal about NOT wearing one; that alone should be the deciding factor to wear one if you are on the fence or vain enough to not want to wear one. Trump has been wrong about this virus from the jump and honestly doing the opposite of what he says is probably a good idea. 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

22 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Its embarrassing seeing people talk about masks like they are right now.  People are frickin dumb and grab the lowest hanging fruit they can find.

Agree with you on this. It’s embarrassing. fuging face masks in this country have become politicized. Americans have to be the dumbest people on earth. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Why are people at a convention for dragons anyway

After how those two moron writers for GoT butchered the final season and completely destroyed arguably the best TV show in history - I think my caring about dragons has been completely flushed down the toilet. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

You ever seen a comic con? There are dudes walking around those things in their 50s that have never actually touched a vagina. 

Atleast they are trying. They stick to their plan and that's the kind of commitment we want. Keep on trying even if you fail initially, until you succeed and the reward will be glorious. 

• Beer 2

40 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

After how those two moron writers for GoT butchered the final season and completely destroyed arguably the best TV show in history - I think my caring about dragons has been completely flushed down the toilet. 

Never watched GoT

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

Duke is surging w covid admissions. Units are all filling up and spilling over to backup units. These are from the rise in activity around Mother’s Day. I’m not looking forward to seeing what it looks like in another week or two.

That's the thing, people are much more likely to catch it from family than say spending 20 minutes in the grocery store.  Folks tend to let their guard down around people they know well such as family members, not to mention spend longer periods of time with them.  We were going to go to my in-laws over Mother's Day, but since they are getting up there in age, decided against it.  Chatted on Zoom with them instead.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

That's the thing, people are much more likely to catch it from family than say spending 20 minutes in the grocery store.  Folks tend to let their guard down around people they know well such as family members, not to mention spend longer periods of time with them.  We were going to go to my in-laws over Mother's Day, but since they are getting up there in age, decided against it.  Chatted on Zoom with them instead.

Good call. That was about the time when everyone in NC started moving around more too I don’t think it necessarily just because Of the holiday.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

And where did their family member get it from?  That was always the concern...going out, contracting the Coronavirus, then coming back to their home and infecting their family members.  That's why this issue is so delicate and why half-measures don't cut it...you could have a mother, father, and daughter staying home during the lockdown and still getting infected cause the teenage son isn't taking it seriously and opting to sneak out with his neighborhood buddies.  Boom...all of their families are infected now.

Edited by MasterAwesome

13 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

And where did their family member get it from?  That was always the concern...going out, contracting the Coronavirus, then coming back to their home and infecting their family members.  That's why this issue is so delicate and why half-measures don't cut it...you could have a mother, father, and daughter staying home during the lockdown and still getting infected cause the teenage son isn't taking it seriously and opting to sneak out with his neighborhood buddies.  Boom...all of their families are infected now.

They got it from the grocery store, or the curbside takeout, or the Amazon delivery.

• Pie 1