• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I’m under the age of 40 but wow this is the worst shape I have EVER seen the country in. Good Lord what the hell is going on? People really want four more years of this?

This pandemic is hurting countries across the globe, we are hardly the only ones.

America goes through some crisis roughly every decade.  Some of which are worse than others, but the still cripples the country to some extent either through war, stock market woes, certain industry bubbles busting, inflation, pandemics, etc...   A global pandemic is hardly our fault though and we are not shouldering the burden alone.

Hopefully we get through this sooner rather than later and have a 10 year respite for before the next shoe drops.

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I’m under the age of 40 but wow this is the worst shape I have EVER seen the country in. Good Lord what the hell is going on? People really want four more years of this?

More political crap. Mods, do work. Don't lock the thread, lock the poster.

• Pie 5
  • Poo 2

2 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

More political crap. Mods, do work. Don't lock the thread, lock the poster.

the kid mero crying GIF by Desus & Mero

um, I didn’t bring politics into this, you did. PS: the threshold for Covid-19 crossed into the political realm 2 months ago. Where have you been?

4 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

North Carolina have a record COVID cases today.  Over 1,000 tested positive in last 24 hours.

Where at and has death rate spiked?  SC has a great site for very detailed information like this.  Right now, the main problem areas are Columbia and Greenville.  The rest of the state is in relatively good shape...even Myrtle beach and Charleston.  The death rate has stayed fairly consistent since the spike of late April/early May. *knocks on wood it doesn't get worse*

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

North Carolina have a record COVID cases today.  Over 1,000 tested positive in last 24 hours.

I just ran a couple errands. Places weren’t too busy and I would say probably 75-90% of ppl I saw were wearing masks. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Where at and has death rate spiked?  SC has a great site for very detailed information like this.  Right now, the main problem areas are Columbia and Greenville.  The rest of the state is in relatively good shape...even Myrtle beach and Charleston.  The death rate has stayed fairly consistent since the spike of late April/early May. *knocks on wood it doesn't get worse*

Coronavirus local updates: NC reports 1,076 new cases in past 24 hours per WSOC-TV 

7 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Like confirmed positive cases.

Gotcha. 

Any idea why they make the age range like this? 

18-24 = 6 year range

25-49 = 24 year range 

50-64 = 14 year range 

65-74 = 9 year range 

seems very vague to not break it down more in the 25-49 range (selfishly at 31 I would like to know)

243541BC-6E14-4CFE-9B96-E6A4EC962A76.jpeg

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Gotcha. 

18-24 = 6 year range

25-49 = 24 year range 

50-64 = 14 year range 

65-74 = 9 year range 

seems very vague to not break it down more in the 25-49 range (selfishly at 31 I would like to know)

No clue but it makes me feel young being grouped with 24 year olds

• Pie 1

Up to 80% of people with COVID19 are asymptomatic?

In one cruise-ship coronavirus outbreak, more than 80% of people who tested positive for COVID-19 did not show any symptoms of the disease, according to a new paper published in the journal Thorax.

The research shows just how prevalent asymptomatic transmission of COVID-19 may be—a reality that both suggests official case counts are drastic underestimates, and emphasizes the importance of practicing social distancing even if you feel healthy... 

and

... It’s difficult to extrapolate the results to larger populations, since the people on board the ship were living in close quarters while entirely isolated from outside life for about a month. Even still, the results are a stark reminder of how likely COVID-19 is to spread within communities, and how difficult it can be to tell when it does.

That’s a particularly important lesson to consider as states reopen and nice weather eats away at many people’s resolve to stay home. The virus can and does spread undetected—and an asymptomatic case can still cause serious illness if it spreads to someone else. Until a vaccine is available, the safest way to keep coronavirus from spreading is to keep your distance from others, whether you’re sick or not.

Read more here:  https://time.com/5842669/coronavirus-asymptomatic-transmission/

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

39 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Gotcha. 

18-24 = 6 year range

25-49 = 24 year range 

50-64 = 14 year range 

65-74 = 9 year range 

I pointed that out a while ago.  Its part of the misinformation they are trying to distribute.  They stretch the age ranges to make things appear different than they really are.  The death count by age group is even more deceiving in the way they present it.