• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

It can go either way.  Hope it decreases.

That's the reason I refer to look at it in terms of percentages.  Saying to people that 9% of the people that tested yesterday was positive in NC will probably cause concern, but then saying nearly 1,300 tested positive in a day is alarming.  However, it's the same thing.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, blackcat said:

Went down to Isle of Palms a couple weeks ago, it's like the Rona never existed down there at all.  No masks, no social distancing, very weird coming from CLT.  Locally, my pool has opened up and while they published 'guidelines', nobody is following them.  I get we need to get back to some semblance of normal life and the economy has to ramp back up, but I also think that folks could be handling themselves in a manner that is more responsible.

And just like that....just got an email from our pool stating someone who was there both days this weekend has since tested positive for Covid...wonderful.

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's the reason I refer to look at it in terms of percentages.  Saying to people that 9% of the people that tested yesterday was positive in NC will probably cause concern, but then saying nearly 1,300 tested positive in a day is alarming.  However, it's the same thing.

If recent protests do not cause % increase...  I think they should allow people at the stadium but no food or drinks and must wear masks or be removed.

1 minute ago, Ja Rhule said:

If recent protests do not cause % increase...  I think they should allow people at the stadium but no food or drinks and must wear masks or be removed.

Not a bad solution, but will stadiums go for that?  That's a big chunk of change sitting out there.  Mandated by the League or else forego fans altogether, it may work.  The owners would eat (pun intended) those profits over losing ticket sales outright.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Not to mention all the dead people they'll have to clean up after the game who died of dehydration.

Complimentary bottles of water only? No exchange of money and only a handful of vendors needed to distribute them.