• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Very different situations. Sure, we did a terrible job, but we have WAY more international travel in and out and through than New Zealand. Look at the number of airports and ports of call in NZ vs. the USA. The state of Florida alone probably has 2-3x as many of each. NYC became our hub in large part due to the massive international travel through there. With that said, NY did a masterfully horrific job of handling their outbreak. Southern California probably has nearly as much international traffic as NYC and they didn't experience near the outbreak. Meanwhile, many have tried to make Cuomo some time of national hero for this. He should probably be a national villain. Having a brother who is one of the most prominent news anchors in the country likely really helps shape that narrative.

CNN is too busy giving him puff pieces with he and his brother jerking each other off on TV.

American media is a huge failure at examining leaders critically. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I had some friends on FB that were bragging about New Zealand.  I had to show them where New Zealand was on a map.

If they want to brag on a country, tell them about Vietnam.  Right next door to China, and no deaths.  Of course they are a communist country and will ship you out to the jungle for a few weeks if they suspect you were around someone infected, but still.

1 minute ago, Popsickle said:

My gym in Holy Springs opened up today. Word on “the street” is that next week all gyms in NC will be allowed to open up. 

My gym here in Virginia opened today as well.  They are supposed to be at 30% capacity or something like that.  But how do you judge peak capacity in a gym?  Is it dictated by floor space?  Pieces of equipment?  Typical number of people in the gym at one time?

10 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

My gym here in Virginia opened today as well.  They are supposed to be at 30% capacity or something like that.  But how do you judge peak capacity in a gym?  Is it dictated by floor space?  Pieces of equipment?  Typical number of people in the gym at one time?

I would guess it's 30% of the maximum capacity as dictated by the fire marshall.

You can't keep gyms shutdown forever, but I personally wouldn't be working out in a public gym right now. I can't imagine a better venue for the transmission of a respiratory disease than an indoor place where everyone is working out and huffing and puffing.

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah that is most of these keyboard warriors. They have all the time in the world to argue on Twatter, Facebook, Instagram or wherever but can't be bothered to protest or call a representative or anything of real value.

But the media will report on stupid fug social media beefs all day long.

The funniest exchange was when he was having a lengthy back and forth with some guy, and the guy was reading him the riot act basically for not being black enough and not saying the right stuff (as is the case alot with him).  In the middle of the argument my cousin has to leave, because he organized a rally that afternoon.  Next thing you know my cousin is on FB live on stage surrounded by people at a rally, talking to the people at the event about what they were going to do to make the community safer, etc.  And you know the guy he was arguing with probably didn't do nothing but argue on the computer all day. LOL

Edited by Wes21

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would guess it's 30% of the maximum capacity as dictated by the fire marshall.

You can't keep gyms shutdown forever, but I personally wouldn't be working out in a public gym right now. I can't imagine a better venue for the transmission of a respiratory disease than an indoor place where everyone is working out and huffing and puffing.

I view it different, particularly at my gym.  So I will be there and I will do whatever they tell me to do.  I think the worst case scenario is a bar/club type place.  I told my wife its going to be a while before I go back to a bar, which is saying alot because we love going to bars once or twice a week.  I'll do a restaurant, but not a bar.

11 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The fire marshall code is what I was thinking as well. I view the gym as too crowded when I have to wait for a spot to workout, so I’m there prior to 5am when there are few people and everyone there is taking care of business and not socializing. Nevertheless, I’ll be there tomorrow and for the foreseeable future (hopefully).

11 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

The funniest exchange was when he was having a lengthy back and forth with some guy, and the guy was reading him the riot act basically for not being black enough and not saying the right stuff (as is the case alot with him).  In the middle of the argument my cousin has to leave, because he organized a rally that afternoon.  Next thing you know my cousin is on FB live on stage surrounded by people at a rally, talking to the people at the event about what they were going to do to make the community safer, etc.  And you know the guy he was arguing with probably didn't do nothing but argue on the computer all day. LOL

Yeah we have a lot of those keyboard warrior types roaming the TB in here. All the time in the world to spread mayhem on the internet but can't be bothered to take it to the streets and do things for their communities. Basically lazy or cowards for the most part.

Kudos to your cousin for ACTUALLY making a difference.

Edited by kungfoodude

7 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I view it different, particularly at my gym.  So I will be there and I will do whatever they tell me to do.  I think the worst case scenario is a bar/club type place.  I told my wife its going to be a while before I go back to a bar, which is saying alot because we love going to bars once or twice a week.  I'll do a restaurant, but not a bar.

Bars just opened up in Michigan today. I think I am gonna walk down to one to kind of see what is up. I'll snag a drink, maybe.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Popsickle said:

The fire marshall code is what I was thinking as well. I view the gym as too crowded when I have to wait for a spot to workout, so I’m there prior to 5am when there are few people and everyone there is taking care of business and not socializing. Nevertheless, I’ll be there tomorrow and for the foreseeable future (hopefully).

Here they post the number of allowed occupants on the doors of every establishment.  Different states do different things, here its 5 people per 1000 sq feet.

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

Here they post the number of allowed occupants on the doors of every establishment.  Different states do different things, here its 5 people per 1000 sq feet.

Ooh yeah, sorry I didn’t include it in my post. But my gym is not allowing more than 15 people at a time. But, honestly I think that number is too high. It’s a small location having that many people in there would be kinda crowded without the Rona. 

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

CNN is too busy giving him puff pieces with he and his brother jerking each other off on TV.

American media is a huge failure at examining leaders critically. 

Factual news is now a commodity. These orgs can only differentiate and attract views via opinion, confirmation bias ego scratching, and manipulating emotions. 

My favorite news activity is to visit MSNBC.com, cnn.com, and Foxnews.com back to back. 

It’s funny and terrifying how each manipulates news to feed a narrative.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1