• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

So, by the numbers, it seems we are experiencing what the Italians were experiencing, which is that the virus is losing its punch.  Lots of people getting it but the deaths are continuing to decrease.

Hope that is a true trend. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Hey bruh - Unless I directly @ you, you don’t talk to me unless I talk to you first. Got it G5?

yo I know that you must be used to being right all of the time, but you got the wrong all alt account bruv.

• Beer 1

Waiting for the data from the weekend to be updated.  I tend to think the spike was from the initial reopening of things coupled with Memorial Day folks eat up with cabin fever.  Add in increased testing availability along with 48 hour results, the case lode was inevitably going to increase. I suspect a plateau here shortly or even the start of a gradual downward trend.   

19 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Waiting for the data from the weekend to be updated.  I tend to think the spike was from the initial reopening of things coupled with Memorial Day folks eat up with cabin fever.  Add in increased testing availability along with 48 hour results, the case lode was inevitably going to increase. I suspect a plateau here shortly or even the start of a gradual downward trend.   

That’s very optimistic.

Beijing is seeing a new outbreak. People were out in droves without masks in NYC this weekend. Numbers are going up in a lot of places.

I was out this weekend a few times and no one is using masks anymore. A few weeks ago 80% of people I saw had them. Now, maybe 10% are using them.

Without social distancing and proper mask usage, this thing spreads quickly. 

19 minutes ago, Tbe said:

That’s very optimistic.

Beijing is seeing a new outbreak. People were out in droves without masks in NYC this weekend. Numbers are going up in a lot of places.

I was out this weekend a few times and no one is using masks anymore. A few weeks ago 80% of people I saw had them. Now, maybe 10% are using them.

Without social distancing and proper mask usage, this thing spreads quickly. 

True, but most people I do see wearing masks are the demographic that is the most vulnerable to complications, the elderly.  If I were over 60, I would not go anywhere without a mask nor venture out much at all for that matter.  Honestly, most of these people are retired so leaving their house outside of a grocery run is unnecessary anyway.   

We will see how this goes over in a couple of weeks.  I see people here locally still distancing without getting weird about it.  Mostly the people that aren't distancing while out are family members (restaurants, sidewalks, shopping) and they are already exposed to one another.  Strangers are still by and large trying keep some distance between themselves.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-fears-temporarily-shuts-down-peninsula-club-report/ar-BB15vlVP

The Peninsula Club in Cornelius has temporarily shut its doors for deep cleaning following reports that numerous members had tested positive for novel coronavirus, which causes COVID-19, according to a report.

“I called a meeting of The Club staff to inform the employees of the positive cases and the possibility of exposure," club president George Searle said in the June 13 email. “Unfortunately, more than half of the staff walked away deciding not to work for the next few days.”

Move along...

15 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Players testing positive and they aren’t practicing together yet. Season isn’t going to happen guys. Face it. 

Yep, at this point, I'd be surprised if they played this year.  It's only going to get worse as the year goes on.