• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

It's not set up to handle a pandemic of this magnitude in any way shape or form because it was politicized from day 1 and that's why the response was a failure. Here we are 6 months into it and still have not reached a consensus that this is a healthcare crisis, not a political debate.

That's why it's been a failure, not because we're not set up that way.

We didn't wait for each state to act when responding to 9/11. Airports across the country were shut down immediately and public transportation systems across the country went on high alert- none of that occurred on an individual state-by-state basis.

Airlines are the responsibility of the FAA. Transportation systems are the responsibility of the entity in charge rather DOT, State, Local, Tribal, etc. Yes, the Pandemic was political, which is why no one did anything. You had both poltical spectrums using the Pandemic against each other when it came to passing funding, what to shut down, what not to shut down. When you have entities playing off emotions, fear, and blaming one another, and  times like we have now of course nothing was done. There also hasn't been proof yet that the things we have done, or havn't done actually done anything. Both political parties played themselves, and wouldn't listen to experts because of their political enterprises. So again, Biden couldn't have done poo, nor could have anyone else. There is proof everyday from both sides no one is following the supposed mandates, social distancing, or any other hygiene. Old people get sick and more susceptible, that is a given. They should have been isolated from the beginning. NO ONE had said this is what they would have done. You have Governors, Mayors enforcing things causing mistrust, then they turn around and don't follow their own rules. 

21 hours ago, Devil Doc said:

Airlines are the responsibility of the FAA. Transportation systems are the responsibility of the entity in charge rather DOT, State, Local, Tribal, etc. Yes, the Pandemic was political, which is why no one did anything. You had both poltical spectrums using the Pandemic against each other when it came to passing funding, what to shut down, what not to shut down. When you have entities playing off emotions, fear, and blaming one another, and  times like we have now of course nothing was done. There also hasn't been proof yet that the things we have done, or havn't done actually done anything. Both political parties played themselves, and wouldn't listen to experts because of their political enterprises. So again, Biden couldn't have done poo, nor could have anyone else. There is proof everyday from both sides no one is following the supposed mandates, social distancing, or any other hygiene. Old people get sick and more susceptible, that is a given. They should have been isolated from the beginning. NO ONE had said this is what they would have done. You have Governors, Mayors enforcing things causing mistrust, then they turn around and don't follow their own rules. 

And the public health is the responsibility of the NIH and CDC.

And the remainder of your post is political, and I won't engage in a political discussion with you about something that is a health concern, not a reelection concern.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

And the public health is the responsibility of the NIH and CDC.

And the remainder of your post is political, and I won't engage in a political discussion with you about something that is a health concern, not a reelection concern.

I never said public health wasn't the responsibility on the NIH and CDC. However, the CDC nor NIH can tell states what to do, they can only provide guidance and offer incentives or expertise. A Public Health concern does not override authorities or responsibilities or the system. The Stafford Act, the Defense Production Act, the Public Health Service Act, and the various statutes triggered by a declaration under the National Emergencies Act—none of these come close to authorizing a national social distancing act, or mask mandate. 

Our constitutional order has a federal structure, meaning that (a) federal powers are supreme, yes, but limited in scope and (b) the state governments are independent entities, not mere subordinate layers under and within the federal government (that is, the federal-state relationship is not similar to the way that counties and cities are subordinate layers under the state governments).

What follows from this? The federal government cannot commandeer the machinery of the state governments (or, by extension, of local governments). That is, the federal government cannot coerce the states into taking actions to suit federal policy preference. See, e.g., New York v. United States and Printz v. United States. And so, the federal government cannot compel state and local officials to promulgate different rules on social distancing and the like. 

Congress places conditions on state receipt of federal funds, those conditions are unconstitutional if they are sufficiently compelling to be deemed coercive. In such instances, the federal condition is tantamount to forbidden commandeering. Just where that line lies, of course, is not at all clear. But that’s not really our current situation, is it? There is no federal spending provision that came with strings attached in the form of conditions requiring states to move away from shelter-in-place in order to receive the funding, nor is there likely to be one.

Yes, these are copy and paste, the article explains it better than I do. So, again from the top. When Biden said he would have done a mandatory mask mandate, or mandatory social distancing, or closures etc. It couldn't have been done, regardless if he said it could have. The best thing for the Government to do is listen to ALL experts, regardless of political affiliation, and make a consistent plan. 

Edited by Devil Doc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Europe is seeing a HUGE spike right now. Most countries the daily cases far exceed what we were seeing in the first wave. You better believe we're going to see that here. Plus it's looking like the strain of COVID people are getting now is different from the one in March, so people can absolutely be re-infected.

This winter is shaping up to be a mess.

Wear your mask.

Spain

image.png.fdf767c4701ea53e12c31fa8656a9656.png

France

image.png.cfc98360bcf9e865349535e5c9e9357d.png

Great Britain

image.png.753e3c1f2ca5586560ad72921817860e.png

Germany

image.png.d308cb04a17449904659319ceccf15f3.png

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Not sure if I got covid or not...  no fever but a bit hard to breathe, nasal problems, can’t smell much and taste is off.  A bit tired but not crazy.  I think I have a regular cold.  My kid daycare have a covid outbreak and both teachers covid positive.

Losing smell and taste is an early indicator of Covid-19. So I would get a test and try avoid other people until getting the result. Use a mask to limited your spread to other people. Hopefully it's just a cold.

1 hour ago, kass said:

Losing smell and taste is an early indicator of Covid-19. So I would get a test and try avoid other people until getting the result. Use a mask to limited your spread to other people. Hopefully it's just a cold.

I do have a bit of smell and taste but not usual.