• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

8 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

He was getting lit up around these parts yesterday.

Good. 

I especially like his non-apology apology. I'm not sorry for what I did, I'm just sorry you found out about it and got pissed off.

"I recognize that my decision has disappointed many who believe it would have been better to spend Thanksgiving alone," Hancock said in a statement released by his office. "As a public official, whose conduct is rightly scrutinized for the message it sends to others, I apologize to the residents of Denver who see my decision as conflicting with the guidance to stay at home for all but essential travel. I made my decision as a husband and father, and for those who are angry and disappointed, I humbly ask you to forgive decisions that are borne of my heart and not my head."

• 3 weeks later...

He can barely see or hear, but 95-year-old Frank Bruno lives on his own terms: alone, unafraid and now — thanks to the coronavirus vaccine — “ironclad,” as he describes it.

Mr. Bruno, an artist and World War II veteran, volunteered for the Moderna clinical trial only because his nephew was doing so. He thought he may have received the vaccine and not a placebo because he had some mild side effects; he became certain after he tested positive for antibodies.

He was delighted with the freedom the shot afforded him. He needed to have his shower fixed and wanted to see his nephew; he felt able to do both without fear of the virus.

As for side effects? “I’ve had mosquito bites bothered me worse than that,” he said. “I just can’t understand why people are afraid.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/14/health/coronavirus-vaccine-elderly.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2020 at 8:45 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

It's interesting to me how Cuomo has become the shining star of this pandemic in America while his state has one of if not the worst outbreak on the globe. 

Governor Polis here in CO sounds like he's going to be using the data over the next five days to make a call on whether or not to extend the stay at home order or lift it when it expires on April 26th. I just hope that when they get lifted people actually adhere to the social distancing guidelines.

I was calling this guy out nearly a long time ago.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-andrew-cuomo-us-news-coronavirus-pandemic-nursing-homes-512cae0abb55a55f375b3192f2cdd6b5

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/us/new-york-aide-apology-covid-deaths-facilities/index.html

It's worse than I thought. He needs to be held accountable and CNN's role putting him on TV time and time again to field softball questions from his brother cannot be overlooked.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:01 AM, cookinwithgas said:

I hope to be getting my shot pretty soon. I have to go into the hospital next month for real surgery, and hopefully a transplant sometime after that. I've been isolated forever other than a September trip where I mostly stayed in my car or a hotel room alone.

Get your shots CWG?

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was calling this guy out nearly a long time ago.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-andrew-cuomo-us-news-coronavirus-pandemic-nursing-homes-512cae0abb55a55f375b3192f2cdd6b5

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/us/new-york-aide-apology-covid-deaths-facilities/index.html

It's worse than I thought. He needs to be held accountable and CNN's role putting him on TV time and time again to field softball questions from his brother cannot be overlooked.

Me too, I warned the cultists on both sides to stop putting these guys on pedestals.  Nobody does well with something new like this and the worst thing is to see someone bragging about and taking accolades for something during these times.  NY is second worst state in US, only behind NJ.  Nobody in the country should be bragging about this past year.

3 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Second one next week. I did it quickly because I wanted to try and see my sister who is battling cancer in California, but they won’t give her the shot yet so there’s no real point right now.

Sorry to hear about your sister.  Hoping you get the green light for travel soon

On 2/12/2021 at 5:28 PM, stirs said:

Me too, I warned the cultists on both sides to stop putting these guys on pedestals.  Nobody does well with something new like this and the worst thing is to see someone bragging about and taking accolades for something during these times.  NY is second worst state in US, only behind NJ.  Nobody in the country should be bragging about this past year.

Hmm yes, I remember you being exactly as hard on, say, Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott as you were on Cuomo.  No agenda there.

6 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Hmm yes, I remember you being exactly as hard on, say, Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott as you were on Cuomo.  No agenda there.

Telling people that nobody is a hero is not being hard on pols.  They have enough to now to answer to their own.