• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, Real1zOnly said:

The average working citizen doesn't have an office job. What about those major companies like Amazon/Wal Mart etc... those people actually have to go to work because it is a warehouse environment. This is how viruses like these spread. I was just talking to a guy who works for Amazon and he said it's already people testing positive for the virus who work in these warehouses. They are touching products we order online. People don't think about this stuff though.

I would stay away from ordering online as well.

America is the perfect breeding ground for a pandemic. I asked my wife to not order anything from Amazon for a while and sho’nuff the Amazon man was at our house today. 

2 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

The average working citizen doesn't have an office job. What about those major companies like Amazon/Wal Mart etc... those people actually have to go to work because it is a warehouse environment. This is how viruses like these spread. I was just talking to a guy who works for Amazon and he said it's already people testing positive for the virus who work in these warehouses. They are touching products we order online. People don't think about this stuff though.

Your only real choice is to bunker up for two months with zero human contact. 

1 minute ago, Real1zOnly said:

Dont forget mail

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

America is the perfect breeding ground for a pandemic. I asked my wife to not order anything from Amazon for a while and sho’nuff the Amazon man was at our house today. 

Not even just Amazon. Walmart has thousands of hands touching their products. No consumer sold food is safe. 

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If there's a long term benefit to this whole ordeal, I really hope that it's a more widespread acceptance of working remotely. With the technology available today there are a LOT of jobs that can be done arguably even more efficiently remotely. I've worked remotely for the past 11 years. Fug going to an office for 40+ hours every week. 

Zoom stock is surging. UT Austin just purchased a Zoom license for the entire school to host remote classes.

I just interviewed for a job at a major international company for a global real estate job working on building new offices worldwide, and with the coronavirus and the economy tanking I was like ehhh maybe this isn’t the best job for me right now. Pay was lit tho.

Just now, Snake said:

No logic yet most of our cases have come from Italy not South Korea. I'm not seeing how you think the UK is a hot bed and not Italy? 

I didn't mention Italy because it's part of the travel ban. The UK has an active outbreaks and is not. Same with South Korea, hence why they were specifically mentioned.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I seriously can't believe people are stock piling TP and not food and weapons. What happens when someone comes to steal your TP with a gun. 

Most people around here already have a stockpile of weapons and ammo

Edited by jfra78

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's not the black death they are preaching on CNN. If you have pre existing conditions yes but that's not everyone. Like I said watch and see. The biggest fear is the unknown spread. 

No one is saying it is the Black Death, but is is serious.

King County (Seattle) has 376 known cases so far with 23 deaths. Some were elderly but some were people in the 50s and 40s. The person in her 40s was a regular employee of the nursing home. She didn’t have major health issues except maybe high blood pressure or something.

The point is, there are a lot of elderly people and people with health issues. If hundreds of thousands or millions of people had this already, basic math says it would be hitting the fan right now.