• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

57 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Certain places like sonic and kristophers in Matthew's are giving out free lunches to kids that are on the lunch program until they go back to school.....that is what it's all about. 

We know its here, we know what to do.  We do not need the talking heads on news networks to tell us what to do.  I'm optimistic with story's like that.

If schools are shut down, why couldn't cafeteria folk prepare food in boxes and bags, and let bus drivers run their routes at 11:00 instead of 7:00 and meet the kids at the bus stop, and give them the food? People could still work, and kids would get food.

26 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

If schools are shut down, why couldn't cafeteria folk prepare food in boxes and bags, and let bus drivers run their routes at 11:00 instead of 7:00 and meet the kids at the bus stop, and give them the food? People could still work, and kids would get food.

I think if this situation lingers, ideas like that need to be brought up.  We can find ways to care for each other.  I'd rather us figure it out than those dolts in washington tbh. 

Of course the government should be involved to help but I think our local community getting involved to help is just as big of a deal.

Edited by motocross_cat

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Since I am on pet peeves, don't wipe your goddamn nose with your bare hands or your fuging shirt sleeve(unless there is literally no other option). Even if you wipe/blow your nose with a tissues, wash the motherfugers afterwards. It doesn't take that much effort to do that. If there isn't a sink, use some damn hand sanitizer. 

And if you are leaving a public restroom that has a handle on the inside of the door(already a major fail), use a paper towel in your hand to open the damn door. It doesn't take any extra effort to do this if paper towels are available. For me, even if that is not an option, I will open the door with one finger of my non-dominant hand. It's just simple poo like that you can do every day that will generally limit your exposure to common bugs. 

Yeah i think most do that with the restroom handle.  The problem is the next handle, and the one after that.  I never think about it after i leave the restroom.  Ive started trying to use my non dominant hand on every door

• Beer 1

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/13/opinion/coronavirus-cautionary-tale-italy-dont-do-what-we-did/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The hospital in Bergamo was not the only hospital in the area dealing with a lack of capacity and rationing of care. The same day, I heard from a manager in the Lombardy health care system, among the most advanced and well-funded in Europe, that he saw anesthesiologists weeping in the hospital hallways because of the choices they are going to have to make.

In the days since, overwhelmed hospitals have set up tents as makeshift hospital wards, and cargo containers have been placed at the entrances of medical centers to sort out patients coming at an increasing pace. Some of the people who can’t get medical care are dying in their homes.

As more medical professionals started to describe similar situations on social media and in interviews, the Italian society of anesthesiologists published extraordinary new guidelines to help doctors facing ethical dilemmas, making clear that the “first come, first served” criterion that had been used among patients with the same illnesses and level of risk in ordinary times was not appropriate in dealing with the current emergency.

Until last week, the Italian public health care system had the capacity to care for everyone. Our country has universal health care, so patients aren’t turned away from hospitals here. But in a matter of days, the system was being felled by a virus that I, and many other Italians, had failed to take seriously.

14 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

We did put cash in the hands of low income folks. Romney is already pushing for cutting a check to every family. Which is crazy.

Tell me where is this cash ?  and why is Romney crazy?  There are going to be hundreds of thousands probably millions of low income workers in the coming days, weeks, and months who have no way to pay for ANYTHING due to the loss of their jobs.  if there is anything crazy about Romneys idea it is that is not qualified to a certain level of income - for the poor and middle class and that it is not nearly enough.  $1000 will not pay a month of mortgage or a months rent in many areas of the country.

14 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Tell me where is this cash ?  and why is Romney crazy?  There are going to be hundreds of thousands probably millions of low income workers in the coming days, weeks, and months who have no way to pay for ANYTHING due to the loss of their jobs.  if there is anything crazy about Romneys idea it is that is not qualified to a certain level of income - for the poor and middle class and that it is not nearly enough.  $1000 will not pay a month of mortgage or a months rent in many areas of the country.

there is no cash that has been put into anyone's hands.   you know that.  

28 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

We will print the money just like we did in 2008/9. It is crazy that Romney is suggesting this. Relax.

3 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Looks like US and other countries are using China’s approach and stop reporting and lying on new coronavirus cases.

TBH, it is probably not a bad idea. The media is going completely nuts and stirring people up into a panic. The numbers are basically useless to regular people, other than highlighting areas to avoid traveling.