• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

https://www.nejm.org/coronavirus

Here is a very good non-retarded source for coronavirus information for those that are looking for one. It has mostly sources that actually know something. 

oh great, just perusing and see that community transmission is happening in several parts of the united states.    we're not going to do what china did to contain it. we're not doing right now what china did.   that's not happening, and isn't going to.  no use hoping it will

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/michael-osterholm

Here is a good interview with Michael Osterholm, the director for the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.

Pretty good info. Opened my eyes to how well it spreads and also discusses some historical policy failures that have left so many unprepared.

3 minutes ago, raz said:

oh great, just perusing and see that community transmission is happening in several parts of the united states.    we're not going to do what china did to contain it. we're not doing right now what china did.   that's not happening, and isn't going to.  no use hoping it will

Yeah, I mean, you have to look at it pragmatically. The odds of you dying are pretty low, even the odds of you contracting it are probably fairly low. In a month or two this will mostly be a distant memory. We Americans will go back to our lives, never invest in more research or preparedness and then we will be back here again in 5-20 years with another pandemic, running around like a chicken with our heads cut off the same way we are now. If there is one thing you can count on, it's that people never really learn from anything!

Have a nice day!

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

original.jpg

This is what China was doing at their supermarkets. 

Well, according to the experts, those loose fitting surgical masks are pretty much a joke. The biggest benefit they could possibly have is being used by a sick person to mildly contain all their hacking and coughing.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean, you have to look at it pragmatically. The odds of you dying are pretty low, even the odds of you contracting it are probably fairly low. In a month or two this will mostly be a distant memory. We Americans will go back to our lives, never invest in more research or preparedness and then we will be back here again in 5-20 years with another pandemic, running around like a chicken with our heads cut off the same way we are now. If there is one thing you can count on, it's that people never really learn from anything!

Have a nice day!

You have been posting incoherent drivel nonstop  on this topic for like 4 days now. You need to take a break. Go Make your bed and get the skid marks out of your tidy whites chump. 

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, according to the experts, those loose fitting surgical masks are pretty much a joke. The biggest benefit they could possibly have is being used by a sick person to mildly contain all their hacking and coughing.

They offer five times the protection than no mask. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 2

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Have a nice day!

odds of me catching it are 50/50, same as you.   it mutated from animal to human to human to human in 2 weeks.  it mutated again and now there are 2 strains of it.   1-2 months is kind of a wet dream at this point.  odds are that some of the people i know who are compromised and some who are not are either gonna die or have fuged up lungs forever from this.  i don't think this will be a distant memory for many of us/most of us/all of us for a very long time

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, raz said:

odds of me catching it are 50/50, same as you.   it mutated from animal to human to human to human in 2 weeks.  it mutated again and now there are 2 strains of it.   1-2 months is kind of a wet dream at this point.  odds are that some of the people i know who are compromised and some who are not are either gonna die or have fuged up lungs forever from this.  i don't think this will be a distant memory for many of us/most of us/all of us for a very long time

I mean, 50/50? 

Lol....okay. I don't have control over your overreaction, so good luck with that. And who cares if you do get it? Are you over 60? Are you obese? Heart issues? Lung issues? Heavy smoker?

If the answer is no to most if those, you are gonna be fine. It is just going to suck for a while.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, 

50/50? 

Lol....okay. I don't have control over your overreaction, so good luck with that. And who cares if you do get it? Are you over 60? Are you obese? Heart issues? Lung issues? Heavy smoker?

If the answer is no to most if those, you are gonna be fine. It is just going to suck for a while.

yeah 50/50.  half the country will have it by the time its done with its first pass.  most of us, up to 75% won't ever even know it.  

and if it was only me that i'm concerned with - there is no concern at all.   you've kinda gone off the rails here bro.  you gotta find your glow again.  shonuf is here and he is glowing red like a mofo

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, 

50/50? 

You should read up on the people in their 20s and 30s who are not smokers and have no health conditions and are in good shape contracting this virus and having to be put on respirators. It seems that this virus is incredibly unpredictable on how it affects people. Young healthy people need to be just as cautious. 

• Pie 4