• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

16 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I have a brother with an auto immune disease and an immunocompromised dad who is 65. I am not taking this poo lightly. 

I have sarcadosis which is an auto immune disorder.  Generally my immune system is only really compromised when it flares up which for now I dont belive it is but the threat is there.  I'm getting married in alittle over a month and it sucks because I'm going to have to cancel my honeymoon and figure out a way to beg my soon to be wife not to go on a bachelorette trip in a couple weeks to nashville.  For some people it's no big deal but it's very real to me.  I'm hoping the NBA suspension, celebrities being infected and travel bans are enough to wake people around me up.  Why not hunker down for a while to prevent total chaos?

On top of that I'm a damn ups driver....go figure.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I wasnt too worried with it, but this is unlike anything else I've seen in my lifetime now.  The NBA suspending and potentially cancelling a quarter of their season and all that revenue?  People hoarding all these supplies...  This is starting to get scary.

SARS and Swine Flu was worse. Not saying to stop washing your hands but just that we have delt with similar things before. 

• Poo 1

31 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Actually that is true. I’m certainly  taking this virus seriously. Everyone should. But Dr. Michael Osterholm is a public health scientist and disease expert and has literally said it will get easier to contain it. It’s somewhat a counter productive point because that insinuates many people will have it but it does get easier down the line. Those who recover will cease to be carriers. It’ll spread like wildfire in the early stages.

Just like letting a candle burn itself out since that is how many viruses die out in time. It's a waste of time to try and explain this simple logic.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523
  • Pie 1

My father in law is a pediatrician. He saw a child today presenting with fever and flu symptoms. Mom (herself a doctor, this will blow your mind momentarily) was sick too. He asked her if they'd traveled anywhere recently. They just got back from Italy recently. Wait... what? The kid had been in school all day. Mom had been seeing patients the last two days having just gotten back from Italy presenting with these symptoms. The child's flu test came back negative. Waiting for the coronavirus results. FIL is self quarantining pending those test results.

• Pie 4

23 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I have a brother with an auto immune disease and an immunocompromised dad who is 65. I am not taking this poo lightly. 

Yeah that's pretty much death for them. Potentially left unchecked anyone with Disabilities or over the age of 55 could die at a high rate. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My father in law is a pediatrician. He saw a child today presenting with fever and flu symptoms. Mom (herself a doctor, this will blow your mind momentarily) was sick too. He asked her if they'd traveled anywhere recently. They just got back from Italy recently. Wait... what? The kid had been in school all day. Mom had been seeing patients the last two days having just gotten back from Italy presenting with these symptoms. The child's flu test came back negative. Waiting for the coronavirus results. FIL is self quarantining pending those test results.

People are so stupid. Where is this?

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep it's the idiots that spread the virus. Closing our borders to Europe should curve a bunch of stupid. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I also have a good friend who used to work for the CDC and is currently a medical professor at Johns Hopkins. She says that based on what's happening elsewhere, this is already widespread in the states and we just haven't realized it yet, largely due to poor access to tests.

Once the test come in the numbers are going to be staggering. But it will signal a end not a beginning.