• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

Where do you guys get your information. This country has a reporting problem, spreading lies and propaganda.

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-new-coronavirus-isn-t-like-the-flu-but-they-have-one-big-thing-in-common/amp

F2D92F1D-4B86-48A0-9AB2-DEA1F14A1C33.png

Yes yes this virus has supposedly a kill rate of 2% in people over 50 with little testing and the flu has a kill rate of. 01 in all people it infects with a good testing samples. Corona will probably end up with a . 01 when it's all over and reliable data points are provided. To compare the black plague had a .50 kill rate of all people along with Ebola and SARS had a .03.

4 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

That's literally impossible unless you live at home by yourself and can actually work from home. Wife/girlfriend/kids will still leave you exposed.

5 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

That's literally impossible unless you live at home by yourself and can actually work from home. Wife/girlfriend/kids will still leave you exposed.

You got to cut attachments. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Snake said:

Yes yes this virus has supposedly a kill rate of 2% in people over 50 with little testing and the flu has a kill rate of. 01 in all people it infects with a good testing samples. Corona will probably end up with a . 01 when it's all over and reliable data points are provided. To compare the black plague had a .50 kill rate of all people along with Ebola and SARS had a .03.

If you're relatively young and relatively healthy you're pretty unlikely to die from this, but that's a pretty damn selfish way of looking at things. I'd prefer people to take steps to try to minimize the spread of this disease to protect our elderly and immuno-compromised.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're relatively young and relatively healthy you're pretty unlikely to die from this, but that's a pretty damn selfish way of looking at things. I'd prefer people to take steps to try to minimize the spread of this disease to protect our elderly and immuno-compromised.

The point is you become a carrier to infect others unknowingly. People just don’t understand you can’t even look at the numbers that are being reported. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT show any symptoms, therefore they are not being tested. It is already in your community guaranteed. States don’t even have enough to tests on hand. This is already worse than you think, that is why the NBA and NCAA is shutting things down.

Edited by philit99

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I love my parents dearly - I am worried about them getting sick, they caught the flu last year around this time and my mom was out for like 2.5 weeks. 

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

The point is you become a carrier to infect others unknowingly. People just don’t understand you can’t even look at the numbers that are being reported. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT show any symptoms, therefore they are not being tested. It is already in your community guaranteed.

I am not trying to argue with you but I’m just curious what your profession is and where you are getting this info 

Just now, 4Corners said:

I love my parents dearly - I am worried about them getting sick, they caught the flu last year around this time and my mom was out for like 2.5 weeks. 

My parents are still relatively young and healthy (they're not 60 yet), but I still have three grandparents living. My paternal grandfather just got out of the hospital for pneumonia and pneumonia will end up killing him one day. His lungs are shot from a lifetime of working in a carbon plant. My paternal grandmother only has half of one of her lungs from a bout of lung cancer over a decade ago. I wouldn't like her odds either. My maternal grandfather is a tough old codger who's pretty healthy for an 82 year old. I'd bet money on him beating it.

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I am not trying to argue with you but I’m just curious what your profession is and where you are getting this info 

Wall Street Journal. LA Times, mostly. I know that most of the Chinese people spread the virus by money. That is why China is burning their own money, they can’t clean it fast enough. My local FOX station just reported that North Carolina does not have but a hand full of tests and will not get anymore until next week at the earliest. So don’t expect the state to change its numbers anytime soon.

Let me say it this way, the stock market crashed. The NBA and NCAA has about shutdown tournaments. The President is trying to calm the public. I think they know more than we do, and all signs point to it not being ok.

Edited by philit99