• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, raz said:

our trajectory is exactly in line with italy's.     we are 11 days behind them and even with our limited testing we have just over the number of cases they had at the exact same point.    obviously i have no idea what will happen, but there isn't reason yet to think we will deviate from the trajectory

I'm sorry raz, but from what I'm reading, you (and other EU countries, especially Germany and France) are way behind us in term of numbers.

When the first ill patients were found, thousands of people from the same towns were tested in just the first couple of days (while the rest of the country was acting like "it's just another flu"). And those were small towns, less than 20k people. 

China is "recovering" because they shutdown everything for almost 2 months, in an extreme way

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The places where cases are leveling off or decking are places that have taken aggressive measures. IMO, it's not a reason to take this lightly, it's a reason to implement our own aggressive measures. 

Governor needs to shut down the public school system now.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

My local government just shut down the schools here for the next 3 weeks. Not a big deal for us as my wife's work also just MANDATED that she work from home for the foreseeable future as well.

Crazy stuff. 

Pretty meaningless post if you don't' tell us where you live.

2 hours ago, stirs said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

NC has 15 confirmed cases, probably tons more.  Same with every other state.  At first, that makes it terribly scary and might be the doom we all dread, or, it could be that many are not that ill, don't even know they have it. 

I watch the numbers above several times a day on linked website.  If China and other countries are lying, then we know nothing anyway, but if people are telling the truth, then there are paths out of this mess.

I think China has things under control. I watch live streamers that are from China to help learn the language, and things have gotten better, although locked down. There's more people on the streets now, although you have to scan an ID to leave your neighborhood, and get a temperature scan, and then in every store you need to have your temperature scanned again. Everyone stands apart, and everyone wears masks.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I think China has things under control. I watch live streamers that are from China to help learn the language, and things have gotten better, although locked down. There's more people on the streets now, although you have to scan an ID to leave your neighborhood, and get a temperature scan, and then in every store you need to have your temperature scanned again. Everyone stands apart, and everyone wears masks.

I tried learning Vietnamese, gave up.  Good for you on the effort

• Pie 1

My stepson works at a large factory in Wake Forest. He said 2 people showed up for work on his floor today. Cubicles that house 4 desks were limited to 1 person each. Can't sit with anyone at lunch. And the security badges they use were disabled and everyone has to come and go through one door.