• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

One thing we have going for us is our population density is nothing like China and Europe. Most of us don’t take public transport, etc. It’s way easier for us to isolate. 

Nobody is staying in the house all day though. People will find a reason to go out and come in contact with public places.

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

One thing we have going for us is our population density is nothing like China and Europe. Most of us don’t take public transport, etc. It’s way easier for us to isolate. 

We are way more hygienic too.  Europeans accuse us of Americans of being germaphobes.  I had a really close friend in college that was a French foreign exchange student.  Great guy, but showered maybe 1-2x a week and frequently smelled of BO, especially on hot days.  He would tell me how crazy Americans were constantly freaking out about germs claiming Europeans were less sick from building up immunity because they weren't hand washing/showering all the time.

33 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Absolutely, it can be done and I think it will be done. 

A lot of people think this is nothing more than the flu and we don’t need to take all these precautions. To me, that is what Tom is getting at. 

A lot of people don't understand that the normal flu we experience each year, that takes 20-50k people down, could be much worse without the flu shot.  In this case, no flu shot, that is why we need extra measures like mitigation, etc.

12 minutes ago, stirs said:

A lot of people don't understand that the normal flu we experience each year, that takes 20-50k people down, could be much worse without the flu shot.  In this case, no flu shot, that is why we need extra measures like mitigation, etc.

Not just that, its novel, meaning this is our first encounter with it and we have no immunity to it.  The flu of 1918 was so deadly partly because we had no immunity to it. The swine flu was the same strain so it wasnt nearly as bad as the first time

On 3/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

My father in law is a pediatrician. He saw a child today presenting with fever and flu symptoms. Mom (herself a doctor, this will blow your mind momentarily) was sick too. He asked her if they'd traveled anywhere recently. They just got back from Italy recently. Wait... what? The kid had been in school all day. Mom had been seeing patients the last two days having just gotten back from Italy presenting with these symptoms. The child's flu test came back negative. Waiting for the coronavirus results. FIL is self quarantining pending those test results.

The test came back negative.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

Im a Registered Nurse, fug my life. yall better pie me up 

I wish you didn't say that as you constantly infer alcohol problems and post in a very crass manner regarding consumption and deliberate self care.  Now I'm depressed.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, davos said:

I wish you didn't say that as you constantly infer alcohol problems and post in a very crass manner regarding consumption and deliberate self care.  Now I'm depressed.

i used to have a drinking problem, I overcame it, got through nursing school, and now work as a psychiatric/detox nurse to help others that have the same problem I had.   If anyone can relate to these patients and not treat them as inmates, its me  

kiss my ass

Edited by The Huddler
  • Pie 8