• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

what the hell do they do in the summer and during xmas vacation and spring break ?

What they have on their side for scheduled breaks is time. Time to set up how to handle this in the infrastructure that has been created for it. Time to save the funds that are needed to pay for it. Time to plan and think ahead. Abruptly closing schools and day cares, although needed, has allowed no one any time. 

Just now, electro's horse said:

things aren't going to be normal for the rest of this year. This is going to be very very bad. 

as far as what the public needs to know, we're very far past the window where anything could have been prevented. 

the most important thing is for people under 40, or healthy people under 50, to not go to the ER if they think they have it. Just shut themselves down. 

This is the main thing that's bothering me about some of the news coverage. Seeing too many fear mongering articles focusing on anecdotal rate cases where healthy young people have had severe cases. Maybe it's a good thing, hell I don't know. Maybe the realization that it can be severe for even healthy younger adults can help people understand how important it is to mitigate this thing and follow the CDC's guidelines. But, it will probably also help send a lot of healthy young adults with a sniffle or a scratchy throat flocking to the ER when the likely have a cold or allergies and even if they did have COVID-19 the odds are heavily in their favor.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the main thing that's bothering me about some of the news coverage. Seeing too many fear mongering articles focusing on anecdotal rate cases where healthy young people have had severe cases. Maybe it's a good thing, hell I don't know. Maybe the realization that it can be severe for even healthy younger adults can help people understand how important it is to mitigate this thing and follow the CDC's guidelines. But, it will probably also help send a lot of healthy young adults with a sniffle or a scratchy throat flocking to the ER when the likely have a cold or allergies and even if they did have COVID-19 the odds are heavily in their favor.

so i don't think anything "the media" is doing is fear mongering. in fact, i think all the major cable news networks are vastly underplaying this. 

like we should have been locked down over a month ago like korea or indonesia. instead, we're just waiting for the poo to hit the fan.

and for every person with sniffles who goes to the ER, I promise you there are 2 people who weekly go to the ER for like fibromyalgia storm who are now thinking twice about it. 

• Pie 3

I am not advocating fear just common sense. Folks all of the numbers you see on the TV are at least 1 1/2 to 2 weeks behind. The incubation period is five days and the test is three to five days. There is a good chance that the virus is already around us and in our communities. Florida just sent in over 500 tests so expect our numbers to jump substantially in the coming days. Stay safe out there guys, we live in troubled times.

Edited by philit99

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I am not advocating fear just common sense. Folks all of the numbers you see on the TV are at least 1 1/2 to 2 weeks behind. The incubation period is five days and the test is three to five days. There is a good chance that the virus is already around us and in our communities. Florida just sent in over 500 tests so expect our numbers to jump substantially in the coming days. Stay safe out there guys, we live in troubled times.

There are people panicking and hoarding stuff and then there are people laughing it off and not taking it seriously. Two extremes. Basically ‘MERICA in a nutshell. 

Wife is an icu nurse practitioner. Says that people including providers are being denied tests even when displaying symptoms and having traveled. I think this just changed but up until a day ago, travel to Europe was a requirement for some reason.

Doctors in Seattle just contacted them for an update on what to expect. They said they are seeing people in there 20s just drop dead so it isn’t limited to the elderly. They quit isolation in the hospital because everyone is exposed. Also, most of the people are dying from multi system organ failure or cardiac arrest and they don’t know why - even after seemingly improving after treatment.

Everyone be safe. Stay at home and watch your 2003 panthers yearbook or maybe write some hate speech in TB.

Edited by imminent rogaine
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Wife is an icu nurse practitioner. Says that people including providers are being denied tests even when displaying symptoms and having traveled. I think this just changed but up until a day ago, travel to Europe was a requirement for some reason.

Doctors in Seattle just contacted them for an update on what to expect. They said they are seeing people in there 20s just drop dead so it isn’t limited to the elderly. They quit isolation in the hospital because everyone is exposed. Also, most of the people are dying from multi system organ failure or cardiac arrest and they don’t know why - even after seemingly improving after treatment.

Everyone be safe. Stay at home and watch your 2003 panthers yearbook or maybe write some hate speech in TB.

fug

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Corona virus outbreak happened right in the middle of China/US trade war.  Wonder if that was a fug you from China to crash global economy?

That’s very dangerous speculation we need to avoid when the world is vulnerable right now.

Edited by TheRumGone

12 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Once this is over with China must ban their live animal markets permanently regardless of if they want to do it or not. Apply international sanctions if they refuse. And no more eating bats ffs.

They did ban this a few weeks ago when this crap was starting up. In 6 months they will be back to normal and doing whatever they want. I agree with you on the sanctions stuff. 

• Beer 1