• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No. It will not be. We have seen two other coronavirus outbreaks in recent memory(SARS, MERS). In 3-4 years this will be a distant memory and we will be on to our new "pandemic" scare. These are going to be more frequent because the rate of global travel is so high. That's just the price of that luxury.

Man. Read the info coming out. This is far far worse. Prepare yourself and your family.

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No. It will not be. We have seen two other coronavirus outbreaks in recent memory(SARS, MERS). In 3-4 years this will be a distant memory and we will be on to our new "pandemic" scare. These are going to be more frequent because the rate of global travel is so high. That's just the price of that luxury.

I already think it is way bigger than SARS or MERS ever was.

We could talk from the angles of actual threat or of its public reaction. But, either way, I think it has already surpassed either of those in a very short time frame.

Edited by Bronn

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is just an awful post and terrible way of thinking. I bet if there is a national quarantine and shutdown, you will be the same jabroni crying on Facebook about your favorite Buffalo Wild Wings being closed beCuZ oF a CoLddds 

11 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I already think it is way bigger than SARS or MERS ever was.

We could talk from the angles of actual threat or of its public reaction. But, either way, I think it has already surpassed either of those in a very short time frame.

You sure about that?

The truth is, we won't know the full picture until this pandemic starts to die down and after a long period of actual study. Could it end up being a higher mortality rate than MERS or SARS? Maybe. But one thing is clear, it is not trending in that direction.

One thing that helps is that this is not the first coronavirus outbreak in the past decade. 

Edited by kungfoodude

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This is just an awful post and terrible way of thinking. I bet if there is a national quarantine and shutdown, you will be the same jabroni crying on Facebook about your favorite Buffalo Wild Wings being closed beCuZ oF a CoLddds 

Why am I not surprised that you are just as ignorant in this subject as you are every sports related subject here? Stunning.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

My only message on these issues are to be careful of what freedoms you give away during the panic. There is enough evidence in history to show that power grabs generally occur during times of extreme anxiety and the Executive at each level of Government are issuing orders and bans that they have no constitutional authority to issue. However, in a time like this, people will abide by the order because it's a common sense issue, legal or not. I've seen infringements on the 1st, 4th, 9th, and 10th Amendments thus far, as well as issues with Separation of Powers Clause. National Emergency (and State level) Declarations does not absolve the Government of the requirement to issue lawful orders.

Secondly, for all the people clamoring for Government run healthcare and using the Wuhan Virus (there are several iterations of coronavirus) as an example, you're looking at this the wrong way. You say we need Government run care to make care free and accessible while deriding the governments inability to provide any "adequate" response; and of course the scapegoat is Trump. But the fact of the matter is that Government run healthcare, in any crisis, would look far worse and result in more constitutional violations than we have seen thus far. When you control the means of production and capital, you must control the supply and demand and in the case of healthcare, it's people. 

Thus far, 0.0023189% of the world has this Virus. It will likely peak at around 0.002459%. 

Careful what you hand over during this because you aren't guaranteed to get it back. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I’m not saying we won’t adapt and deal with it all.  

But it is one do many examples of why global warming matters. Likely risking folks to new/old disease out of greed and laziness  

What’s the factual scientific link between coronavirus and global warming?

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1