• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

The fact that politics has somehow managed to worm it's way into a pandemic discussion at all just shows how completely broken this country is. To be sure, there are valid political considerations and there are GLARINGLY obvious blunders but the fact that we cannot disconnect from this "MY TEAM VERSUS YOUR TEAM" mentality over something so bi-partisan as a serious public health issue is completely and totally damning. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Why am I not surprised that you are just as ignorant in this subject as you are every sports related subject here? Stunning.

Uh Jabroni I have the best sports take here and my knowledge of food, sexual intercourse, Nike’s, and infectious diseases is second to none 

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Uh Jabroni I have the best sports take here and my knowledge of food, sexual intercourse, Nike’s, and infectious diseases is second to none 

I believe your knowledge of sexually infectious diseases is probably pretty broad. Or at least the direct experiences with dealing with them.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You sure about that?

The truth is, we won't know the full picture until this pandemic starts to die down and after a long period of actual study. Could it end up being a higher mortality rate than MERS or SARS? Maybe. But one thing is clear, it is not trending in that direction.

One thing that helps is that this is not the first coronavirus outbreak in the past decade. 

MERS: @ 2,500 cases worldwide since 2012.

SARS: @ 8,400 cases worldwide at "end" of epidemic

COVID-19: @ 175,000 cases and counting so far

Yeah. Do you understand that no matter the mortality rate percentage that a smaller percentage of a poo ton more cases is a lot worse than a higher percentage of a relative handful of cases?

Sure, it may not look or feel terrible right now, but I can assure you that it has already illustrated it is more of a threat globally than the two you want to fall back on.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That's also not looking at the rates compared to the countries specific demographics. That's not really the best way to look at that data to compare it. 

Really dude, you gotta lay off a bit.

This is literally you right now.
1*AjjSTJG6cqaMcBUSROPw0Q.jpeg

I don't panic much because I have always believed in being prepared for anything. But at this point you're almost acting like people shouldn't be vigilant or at least pay attention to this.

1 minute ago, Bronn said:

MERS: @ 2,500 cases worldwide since 2012.

SARS: @ 8,400 cases worldwide at "end" of epidemic

COVID-19: @ 175,000 cases and counting so far

Yeah. Do you understand that no matter the mortality rate percentage that a smaller percentage of a poo ton more cases is a lot worse than a higher percentage of a relative handful of cases?

Sure, it may not look or feel terrible right now, but I can assure you that it has already illustrated it is more of a threat globally than the two you want to fall back on.

So then influenza is a far greater threat than COVID-19? Because the worldwide annual  estimates for influenza deaths are 250-700k per year

I assume that means that is worse than COVID-19 by your logic, right? 

4 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Really dude, you gotta lay off a bit.

This is literally you right now.
1*AjjSTJG6cqaMcBUSROPw0Q.jpeg

I don't panic much because I have always believed in being prepared for anything. But at this point you're almost acting like people shouldn't be vigilant or at least pay attention to this.

I am just saying that people are freaking out for little reason. We are more than welcome to revisit this in the future when I am proven to be correct. 

My father is in his late 60's and has heart problems. My advice to him, full fuging lockdown. Stay the fug home and away from everyone. He's right in the demographic for people that are going to experience a much higher mortality rate.  I, on the other hand, am in my 30's, have no heart disease issues but perhaps have an elevated risk due to a period of smoking some years ago. I am going to go about my daily life, being mindful to wash my hands regularly(like I always do anyway) and not touch my face(which I will be much more mindful of). You know, the things that the WHO and CDC have said to do. 

I'm also not planning on licking any doorknobs in airports, invading people's personal space to talk directly into their mouths, you know.....just reasonable and sensible things. 

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So then influenza is a far greater threat than COVID-19? Because the worldwide annual  estimates for influenza deaths are 250-700k per year

This just started dude. How are you not getting this? The major problem with covid 19 is that asymptomatic people have heavy viral loads and it is more contagious then the flu, swine flu SARS or Mers. 

children get infected and barely have any symptoms. They are super spreaders. Why are countries completely shutting down around the globe like its wartime. You are being naive as hell.

then the fact that our healthcare system is gonna get overrun and people won’t be able to get care. Scientists around the globe are calling this the virus of the century. 

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 5

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:
27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You sure about that?

The truth is, we won't know the full picture until this pandemic starts to die down and after a long period of actual study. Could it end up being a higher mortality rate than MERS or SARS? Maybe. But one thing is clear, it is not trending in that direction.

One thing that helps is that this is not the first coronavirus outbreak in the past decade. 

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's also not looking at the rates compared to the countries specific demographics. That's not really the best way to look at that data to compare it. 

You've got your way of twisting the truth in order to look brilliant.
What you can't see is how infectious and quick at propagating this virus is. A virus that (almost?) nobody has defences for.
If you wanna talk about facts, the WHO(an organization that probably knows a thing or two about health than somebody on the Huddle) declared the H1N1/09 a Pandemic in June. The virus was tracked back to September 2008.
We don't know yet, but even if we say that the CoViD-19 began spreading in September, we are 3 months in advance in declaring the pandemy.
Ebola average RoD is around 50%, but that doesn't make it more dangerous than the CoViD-19, because of how it's transmitted and because it's "really difficult" for an ill patient to go around and spread it

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am just saying that people are freaking out for little reason. We are more than welcome to revisit this in the future when I am proven to be correct. 

My father is in his late 60's and has heart problems. My advice to him, full fuging lockdown. Stay the fug home and away from everyone. He's right in the demographic for people that are going to experience a much higher mortality rate.  I, on the other hand, am in my 30's, have no heart disease issues but perhaps have an elevated risk due to a period of smoking some years ago. I am going to go about my daily life, being mindful to wash my hands regularly(like I always do anyway) and not touch my face(which I will be much more mindful of). You know, the things that the WHO and CDC have said to do. 

I'm also not planning on licking any doorknobs in airports, invading people's personal space to talk directly into their mouths, you know.....just reasonable and sensible things. 

Where is your medical degree from? 

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No. We know the flu. We expect it every year.

This is new, and still a relative unknown.