• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well the data from the Chinese CDC(take that for what it's worth) indicated that 20-29 had a mortality rate of 0.2%. That kind of fits with the "won't happen to me" mentality that exists with that age range anyway. So does selfish and dumb behavior. 

At a healthy 37 my wife and I are very low risk too. Our 4 year old daughter per current data is essentially no risk. I'm worried about my three grandparents and our parents that are still alive. They're in considerably higher risk groups.

• Pie 2

Just now, Happy Panther said:

Here is another source. Slightly different numbers but the point is the same.

Thanks.

Didn't saw this graph yet. But it's in line with what I was telling, that sadly measures taken in the US were late compared to Italy.

But the other graph showed an "Italy begins quarantine" that was totally inaccurate.

Please stay safe guys, just received a terrible text from a friend in Bergamo. 30 mins from here, it's like being in a war zone. 

Also, France prime minister, just 3 days ago, was showing that going to theather was absolutely ok. Right now, they are enforcing martial law... Really?

1 minute ago, raz said:

from what i read yesterday some sort of quarantine/curfew... is a state issue and not a federal issue. i'm not clear on movement between states, whether that's federal.    

Somebody suggested the federal government can't mandate a quarantine. But my google seems to say it can through the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

Hopefully someone smarter than me can clear this up.

49 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

At a healthy 37 my wife and I are very low risk too. Our 4 year old daughter per current data is essentially no risk. I'm worried about my three grandparents and our parents that are still alive. They're in considerably higher risk groups.

Yep. The olds are at a high risk. They need to be staying at home, flat out. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. The olds are at a high risk. They need to be staying at home, flat out. 

Yep. I've already called my former next door neighbor who is 82 and told him that if he needs anything to call me and I'll bring it to him. Keep yo ass at home! We only moved one ridge over and I can be there in five minutes.