• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I just received a call from a reliable source inside a federal agency. They told me that they expect habeas corpus to be suspended and Marshall Law deployed in the near future. They could not go into detail, so something must be up. Wow folks, that is unheard of, just wow.

I heard the same, except my source gave me a date she said starting Monday. Get prepared folks!

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I just received a call from a reliable source inside a federal agency. They told me that they expect habeas corpus to be suspended and Marshall Law deployed in the near future. They could not go into detail, so something must be up. Wow folks, that is unheard of, just wow.

Who's Marshall?

3 minutes ago, Murph said:

Who's Marshall?

Marshall Law from the Tekken series was a highly underrated fighting video game character. If I remember correctly, the secret was to corner your opponent and then just keep doing that backflip kick thing. 

Edited by 4Corners

1 minute ago, Murph said:

Who's Marshall?

Funny you should ask.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/03/17/will-coronavirus-lead-to-martial-law/

On Monday, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio tweeted, albeit with a spelling error, requesting everyone stop sharing misinformation about the use of martial law to maintain stability in this ongoing crisis. He wrote, “Please stop spreading stupid rumors about marshall law. COMPLETELY FALSE. We will continue to see closings & restrictions on hours of non-essential businesses in certain cities & states. But that is NOT marshall law.”

Senators should probably have their staffs spell check. 

But the Martial law thoughts are way off base for now.  Almost everyone is staying home, Martial law across the country would be mostly pointless.

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Funny you should ask.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/03/17/will-coronavirus-lead-to-martial-law/

Senators should probably have their staffs spell check. 

But the Martial law thoughts are way off base for now.  Almost everyone is staying home, Martial law across the country would be mostly pointless.

Yes I knew about the spam email campaign. This was different, I kind of wonder if the news from California has something to do with it. I don’t know, but this person was serious.

I think martial law is a long ways off. It would take a MASSIVE mobilization of LEO, National Guard, etc. to pull off. It's not like you could flip a switch on something like that in a matter of a few days.

Shelter in place orders? Yeah, those are gonna be widespread soon. If people would just listen to the damn CDC guidelines none of this would be necessary, but you still have idiot spring breakers partying on the beach, etc.

• Pie 2

Richard Burr knew what was going on back in Feb and told a group of local leaders. Then sold all of his hospitality stock. Remember Burr is the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/local_news/burr-gave-stark-covid--warning-to-private-group-weeks/article_3feca670-81e2-5c8a-81d6-f6c9d15871ee.html

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Technically, they could declare martial law in some areas and suspend habeus corpus without mobilizing large numbers of troops.  It gives more authority to the government.  It would give them the authority to put people in jail for disobeying the commands to stay at home. 

Of course, putting large numbers of people in jail would kind of defeat the purpose of keeping them isolated.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

If they told everybody to stay home for a week, a lot of this could get sorted out. I stop at the grocery store on my way to work if I need anything, just to avoid people. Of course, my wife had 2 drs appts today.

Italy has been locked down for a week and their caseload is still climbing. It's gonna take a lot longer than a week. Wuhan has been on lockdown for virtually two months now. 

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Technically, they could declare martial law in some areas and suspend habeus corpus without mobilizing large numbers of troops.  It gives more authority to the government.  It would give them the authority to put people in jail for disobeying the commands to stay at home. 

Of course, putting large numbers of people in jail would kind of defeat the purpose of keeping them isolated.  

Here in Greensboro the local county jail is releasing all inmates with low bond amounts. I don’t know if that is to keep people away from the jail, or make room. One can wonder either way.

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

Here in Greensboro the local county jail is releasing all inmates with low bond amounts. I don’t know if that is to keep people away from the jail, or make room. One can wonder either way.

They're doing the same thing here in Jefferson County, CO. It's to decrease the density of the populations held so that they can more effectively maintain social isolation standards.

Your tinfoil might be wrapped a bit too tight.