• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We were tracking behind them for a little while, but it looks like we're now tracking ahead of where they were.

21112.jpeg

I’m really not sure what that graph is trying to explain. Why is Italy way ahead in terms of days?

Edited by Harbingers

9 minutes ago, stirs said:

US, Germany and Iran, all have just under 20k cases as of this evening, although the death rates are all over the place

I mean Japan just went over 1,000 cases minus the diamond princess. Are the numbers accurate or massaged. I don’t know but everything I hear they are accurate. And they have been the closest to this besides SK.

1 hour ago, stirs said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Changes all day long.

Our cases per million is rising as we test all over the country, but I feel bad for Italy, they are a mess.  Their population is much older on average but their numbers tell a horrible story.  Blew by China for sure

Not only are they much older, they are also more densely populated, use more mass transit and tend to have large gatherings of family and friends.  When I was there, it was nothing to see large groups of friends and family walking down the streets holding hands, or arm in arm.  Their problems with this thing are societal.  Its somewhat ironic that our tendency to shy away from that sort of thing might actually help us.   We may eventually pass them in terms of absolute numbers, but I don't think as great a percentage of our population will be infected.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

I'd like to repeat say that deaths numbers are the least accurate data you should pay attention to (related to how deadly the virus in one country compared to another). This is because each country has its own protocol (or lack of it) for what is considered a CoViD death. Italy, for example, has been counting ALL infected patient as being killed by CoViD, where as other country aren't.
Also, Italy and Germany avg age and % of people older than 60 are reaaaaaally similar. Just saying..

• Beer 1

How about I stood in line today from 1pm until 9:30 tonight to purchase a cpl guns about 40 min outside Philly (last shop open when they weren't really supposed to be) and my background check came back "delayed for research". I have a clean background.  Not sure if it has to do with me being from SC and not PA.  I literally had my two guns bagged up and ready to do. Totally gutted. =( Anyways, I just had to bitch about that to someone else besides my wife.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

How about I stood in line today from 1pm until 9:30 tonight to purchase a cpl guns about 40 min outside Philly (last shop open when they weren't really supposed to be) and my background check came back "delayed for research". I have a clean background.  Not sure if it has to do with me being from SC and not PA.  I literally had my two guns bagged up and ready to do. Totally gutted. =( Anyways, I just had to bitch about that to someone else besides my wife.  

Multiple firearms ain’t gonna save you from the Corona. 

10 minutes ago, Al Morgan said:

I'd like to repeat say that deaths numbers are the least accurate data you should pay attention to (related to how deadly the virus in one country compared to another). This is because each country has its own protocol (or lack of it) for what is considered a CoViD death. Italy, for example, has been counting ALL infected patient as being killed by CoViD, where as other country aren't.
Also, Italy and Germany avg age and % of people older than 60 are reaaaaaally similar. Just saying..

Uh, what should they be counting them as, respiratory failure? 

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

We are fixing to get full blown here this weekend.  We already caught up with Iran with number of cases. 

Will pass Italy next week. 

331 milion people in US compared to 81 in Iran and 60 in Italy.  We will have more cases for that reason alone.

• Pie 1

Italy had the first reported death of virus on Feb 24.  US was Feb 29.

And officially for the Worldometers site, we were at 57 deaths yesterday and 49 today.  Not sure of their 24 hour cycle for the US.

Edited by stirs