• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m being facetious. Dying isn’t the only thing to be concerned about if you are in that field. They are about to go through trauma on a massive scale. 

I don’t like this mentality well 1.4 million people died of starvation since December. Equally awful things doesn’t give perspective. They are all awful. 

For sure, it's going to be a very stressful and exhausting time, most likely.

That's a fair criticism. I am just trying to alleviate the panic mode because it's not helpful. Numbers and statistics make me calmer because I can see them and relate them. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

For sure, it's going to be a very stressful and exhausting time, most likely.

That's a fair criticism. I am just trying to alleviate the panic mode because it's not helpful. Numbers and statistics make me calmer because I can see them and relate them. 

I understand. My hope is that some positives come out of this ordeal. One is that people will become more aware of the injustices around the country/world. For instance. One coronavirus survivor got charged 34k for her hospital visit. What does that say about our health care system? Joe Biden is about to become the democratic nominee, has said he would veto any m4a bill even if it had bipartisan support. Meanwhile his sons cancer was going to force him to sell his house until Obama footed the bill. 99% of people do not have that luxury of having a rich friend who would do that.

both democratic and republican senators were made aware of this virus and how things would turn south. Instead of alerting the American public. They sold stocks. This is insanity.

I just hope now that this is going to affect millions upon millions of Americans and they’re gonna see it live on TV that we start moving towards policies that benefit the whole of America instead of just some. Because we are only as strong as our weakest and this virus is about to show that up close and personal. 

CDC is recommending healthcare workers just cover up w a scarf or something If they don’t have a mask. Kind Of reminds me of WWI when they told the troops in the trenches that if they pee on some flannel and put it over their mouths, that the chlorine gas wouldn’t kill them. Lol.

Hope you guys don’t have a loved one in healthcare. I do.....

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

CDC is recommending healthcare workers just cover up w a scarf or something If they don’t have a mask. Kind Of reminds me of WWI when they told the troops in the trenches that if they pee on some flannel and put it over their mouths, that the chlorine gas wouldn’t kill them. Lol.

Hope you guys don’t have a loved one in healthcare. I do.....

Mask do not do anything to prevent you from getting it. They are only for people who already have it. 

all I can say is, this government shutdown of the economy cannot be sustained for much longer. You cannot shut down the economy for a virus like this. Would tank the economy to levels we have never seen. 

6 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Mask do not do anything to prevent you from getting it. They are only for people who already have it. 

all I can say is, this government shutdown of the economy cannot be sustained for much longer. You cannot shut down the economy for a virus like this. Would tank the economy to levels we have never seen. 

Proper fitting N-95s w eyewear would. PAPRs would. But even outside of that, healthcare workers are getting sick, and they are going to keep working. If they were all wearing masks, the sick would be less likely to share with the healthy.

12 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Not quite true, that's why health care providers need masks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/19/health/hospital-coronavirus-shortages-preparedness/index.html

If healthcare workers don't get more masks, the day is going to come when the economy is the least of our problems!

I think the panic has subsided some and most people have come to the realization that it's time to nutt up and figure out their best method of grinding out the next month.

I'll stay optimistic until I quit seeing trucks on the roads.  When that stops...oh poo.

UPS told us yesterday that we will not be shutting down any operations because we have been deemed "mission critical" and need to keep serving the communities.  For those of you ordering things,  you are not required to sign for any packages.  Make sure you are paying attention to doorbells......porch pirates are about to be out and about.  Boxes come from all over the place, I wouldnt leave the outer packaging laying around the house, even tho at ups workers are trying to take whatever measures they can to keep things clean.  Remember......we dont want it either.

• Pie 1

Do not buy anything from Best Buy.  They will take your money but will not deliver and they don’t know when they will.  An hour before my scheduled delivery they told me they don’t deliver due to corona... after confirming last night they will deliver.

Edited by Ja Rhule

Just now, Ja Rhule said:

Do not buy anything from Best Buy.  They will take your money but will not deliver and they don’t know when they will.  An hour before my scheduled delivery they told me they don’t deliver due to corona... after confirming last night they will deliver.

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.

• Pie 1

Just now, motocross_cat said:

I think the panic has subsided some and most people have come to the realization that it's time to nutt up and figure out their best method of grinding out the next month.

I'll stay optimistic until I quit seeing trucks on the roads.  When that stops...oh poo.

UPS told us yesterday that we will not be shutting down any operations because we have been deemed "mission critical" and need to keep serving the communities.  For those of you ordering things,  you are not required to sign for any packages.  Make sure you are paying attention to doorbells......porch pirates are about to be out and about.  Boxes come from all over the place, I wouldnt leave the outer packaging laying around the house, even tho at ups workers are trying to take whatever measures they can to keep things clean.  Remember......we dont want it either.

The virus can live up to 24 hours on cardboard. We're taking all deliveries and leaving them on the back deck for a day. Probably an over precaution but whatever. It gives me some peace of mind for my family.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The virus can live up to 24 hours on cardboard. We're taking all deliveries and leaving them on the back deck for a day. Probably an over precaution but whatever. It gives me some peace of mind for my family.

We hose everything down with Lysol at work.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

Im not ordering anything right now that isn't a necessity item.  Probably all of nothing that comes from Best Buy is a necessity.