• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

12 minutes ago, philit99 said:

This is the type of article that drives me crazy. The only way to beat this thing is to change our daily lives. Is that hysteria, you bet, no American wants to change how they live. However, even if this disease does not affect you, you could pass it to someone who has a compromised system and it become a death sentence. I don’t care if the media wants to control other people’s fears and emotions, we need to practice restraint and remain isolated for a period of time. The moment you tell people not to fear, they will fear and then they will wonder why you are trying to control the narrative. This situation has not happened in our lifetime, some hysteria should be expected and understood, not controlled. We should be respectful of others around you, In the end will we survive.

The hysteria is driving people crazy.  It builds on itself.

Look closer at the article.  The virus is not passed as easily as everyone leads you to believe.

In fact, part of the article is saying the increase in deaths is close to the same with people with underlying conditions as the seasonal flu.

These are numbers, not scare tactics.

US is actually in a much better place than all the "starved for clicks" people are projecting.  Each article in the report speaks to situations we are hearing about each day.  I think it is a great article and the more you understand the facts, the better decisions you can make as a responsible adult.  Stupid, privileged teenagers only care about themselves, no matter how hysterical the media presents stuff.  Give me facts please.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Heard through grapevine... North Carolina going to lockdown ( like New York), on Monday. Delete if needed. 

Figured I'd give y'all a heads up. You didn't hear it from me though.

UPS driver here.  Trusted fellow driver has heard that shipping company's are starting to hand out passes to their drivers so if they are pulled they have a work note.  We have not received that info as of yet but I'm assuming people know what the brown truck is doing.  I'm going to say that that goes along with the rumors you have heard.  I have been around some people the past couple of days who are not taking it very serious...I held my tounge.

Some people have to touch the burning stove.......welp that bitch is about to get turned up shortly.

3 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

UPS driver here.  Trusted fellow driver has heard that shipping company's are starting to hand out passes to their drivers so if they are pulled they have a work note.  We have not received that info as of yet but I'm assuming people know what the brown truck is doing.  I'm going to say that that goes along with the rumors you have heard.  I have been around some people the past couple of days who are not taking it very serious...I held my tounge.

Some people have to touch the burning stove.......welp that bitch is about to get turned up shortly.

This is much better than the martial law, I was told about earlier in the week. Looking at New York City, I could see martial law taking place there soon. They have 12,700 cases? Wow.

Just now, stirs said:

Maybe by the beginning of April, the kids will be able to return to school

Im dating a beautiful lady that works in the school system. The cafeteria workers are closing up shop on Monday, that means they are putting equipment up for the summer. I think August is more likely.

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

This is much better than the martial law, I was told about earlier in the week. Looking at New York City, I could see martial law taking place there soon. They have 12,700 cases? Wow.

I'm thinking this is a test run to see if further measures are needed.  Hopefully not.

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Im dating a beautiful lady that works in the school system. The cafeteria workers are closing up shop on Monday, that means they are putting equipment up for the summer. I think August is more likely.

If she wasn't beautiful, would that change the date?

Joking

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Heard through grapevine... North Carolina going to lockdown ( like New York), on Monday. Delete if needed. 

Figured I'd give y'all a heads up. You didn't hear it from me though.

Ten years in the military taught me one thing.  The grapevine is rarely correct.  Not saying a lockdown won't happen, or that they are not discussing it.  But there is no reason to do it as a surprise, or not announce it once the decision is made.  

Also, enforcing a true statewide lockdown will be nearly impossible.   Would have to call up a large segment of the National Guard (ie first responders).  Not sure they want to pull cops, hospital workers, fire fighters etc... to enforce a full lockdown.   

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Poo 1

I think Governors are intentionally avoiding the language of martial law. However, the National Guard is already deployed in 22 states and could be called on to uphold the law. So is it martial law, even if it’s not called martial law?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/inside-us-militarys-plans-stop-civil-disturbances-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-something-they-1493485%3famp=1

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

I think Governors are intentionally avoiding the language of martial law. However, the National Guard is already deployed in 22 states and could be called on to uphold the law. So is it martial law, even if it’s not called martial law?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/inside-us-militarys-plans-stop-civil-disturbances-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-something-they-1493485%3famp=1

But @Davidson Deac II is right. Outside of maybe a handful of major cities per state, martial law would essentially be an impossibility. The country is just too big and the population too spread out.

What we really need is people to just listen to good advice because enforcing a quarantine at a national level in America just isn't possible.

• Pie 1