• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

19 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Gov of New York is talking about  shutting down NYC for 9 months. That crap right there is unsustainable. Something will give. You cannot shut down an economy like that for 9 months. 

So what is your answer if you were in his shoes?

1 minute ago, Inimicus said:

Polis did not order a shelter in place for Co.  Rather for non-critical workplaces to reduce their on site staff by 50% through creative scheduling where possible.

It won't happen. Especially with the vague loopholes in place for businesses to claim they're critical.

4 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

From what I understand The Masters here in Augusta Ga. is cancelled but some courses may yet still be open.

Hell, honestly take green fee payments online or over the phone and limit one rider per cart and golf would be a pretty good "social distancing" friendly activity.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, honestly take green fee payments online or over the phone and limit one rider per cart and golf would be a pretty good "social distancing" friendly activity.

Hopefully this cancellation is true because there are people from all over the country including other countries that are fans of this event. Hundreds of people and distancing anyone will be very difficult and totally impossible. This place would be a breeding ground for the virus big time if this event was allowed to continue as planned.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523

35 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Gov of New York is talking about  shutting down NYC for 9 months. That crap right there is unsustainable. Something will give. You cannot shut down an economy like that for 9 months. 

I understand being cautious but saying it will be 9 months will lead to fear and panic. Gradually increasing the weeks is better.  

6 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Maybe.  We went full WFH last week and our owner is so against WFH that although he tolerated it before this crisis he would make folks feel guilty when they called WFH when we got 12+ inches of snow overnight.

My point being that people who were against it 4 weeks ago are having a change of heart these days

My wife's boss is a complete moron about this. She still wants everyone in the office. They are certainly not an essential business. My wife can easily work from home. She already works remotely one day a week. I'm sure tomorrow's plan of action will be to figure out how they can claim to qualify as an essential business. Meanwhile, the boss has done absolutely nothing to change her usual daily routine and doesn't like the fact that everyone else in the office is trying to maintain social distancing standards. She has an out of state vacation planned soon and absolutely still plans to go.

4 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Hopefully this cancellation is true because there are people from all over the country including other countries that are fans of this event. Hundreds of people and distancing anyone will be very difficult and totally impossible. This place would be a breeding ground for the virus big time.

Oh, the Master's? Absolutely. That's a different ballgame. I was simply talking about locals playing golf locally in my post.

43 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I understand being cautious but saying it will be 9 months will lead to fear and panic. Gradually increasing the weeks is better.  

Yup this is 100%. It’s a PR maneuver.  They are gonna do it in 15 day, or weekly increments.