• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yup, domino effect now. That will force the IOC to at least postpone them or cancel them altogether. 

Olympics arent until July 24th.  A lot can happen with this virus by then.  I think its too early to cancel them

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Olympics arent until July 24th.  A lot can happen with this virus by then.  I think its too early to cancel them

July 24th is a ways away but you can't wait until the last minute to make a decision and still have a successful Olympics.  People are gonna need to know one way or the other soon.

• Pie 1

So how big a problem would it be if the isolation was with the at risk people and nobody else?

Basically, if you are old and at risk category, YOU are quarantined, but the rest of society, the ones who are not retired, will go back to work, and school.

What would this course do economically and socially and medically?  Would it be worse than the "shutting it all down" scenario given what we now know about this particular virus?

Of course there are only about 3 people here who can speak beyond linking twitter feeds, but for those who are in medical field and such, and for those in business field, love your thoughts.

Grandparents will have to see their grandkids and everyone else via skype or talk on phone only till it has blown over.

23 minutes ago, stirs said:

So how big a problem would it be if the isolation was with the at risk people and nobody else?

Basically, if you are old and at risk category, YOU are quarantined, but the rest of society, the ones who are not retired, will go back to work, and school.

What would this course do economically and socially and medically?  Would it be worse than the "shutting it all down" scenario given what we now know about this particular virus?

Of course there are only about 3 people here who can speak beyond linking twitter feeds, but for those who are in medical field and such, and for those in business field, love your thoughts.

Grandparents will have to see their grandkids and everyone else via skype or talk on phone only till it has blown over.

Do you own a tv? Half the infected people in NY are 19-49. It's the stupid people that spread the virus. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

Do you own a tv? Half the infected people in NY are 19-49. It's the stupid people that spread the virus. 

Well past that Sparky.

So what if all the 19 year olds got it?  Most cough a couple times and go on, that was the point.  IF they are giving it to others in their peer range and NOT to the endagered folks, because we have THEM locked down, then, would it be better or worse for society.

It might take a bit of thought, but yes, I also have a TV

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, stirs said:

Well past that Sparky.

So what if all the 19 year olds got it?  Most cough a couple times and go on, that was the point.  IF they are giving it to others in their peer range and NOT to the endagered folks, because we have THEM locked down, then, would it be better or worse for society.

It might take a bit of thought, but yes, I also have a TV

Honestly, I don't understand why we don't just lock away anyone high risk. Everyone else can deliver to them at their door step what they need. No economic shut down for a year and millions of poverty related deaths. Make more mask and more test in the interim and try and get a hold of things while the young develop herd immunity. I'm all for taking away this option once I see a healthy 19-39 year olds with no obesity or high risk conditions contract and expire from this disease, but it appears to target smokers, asthma suffers, the morbidly obese, and the elderly. Why do we have to all shut down and starve when we can just move the sick into lockdown?

19 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Honestly, I don't understand why we don't just lock away anyone high risk. Everyone else can deliver to them at their door step what they need. No economic shut down for a year and millions of poverty related deaths. Make more mask and more test in the interim and try and get a hold of things while the young develop herd immunity. I'm all for taking away this option once I see a healthy 19-39 year olds with no obesity or high risk conditions contract and expire from this disease, but it appears to target smokers, asthma suffers, the morbidly obese, and the elderly. Why do we have to all shut down and starve when we can just move the sick into lockdown?

I think that's pretty close to how Hitler started his thing..

41 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I'd like to see how that plan works when you say "hey, if you have asthma, you no longer have a job.  Everyone else, back to work.  By the way, everyone with asthma please raise your hand now.  Wait, noone?"